What's new

TV Size Matters (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
Found this on Yahoo!:
It's a Male Envy Thing: TV Size Matters
Wed May 8, 7:46 AM ET
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Does size matter to men? In more ways than one, according to Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell.
The son of Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites), speaking at the annual cable industry convention, had cable executives roaring with laughter on Tuesday by describing a new kind of male envy sweeping through consumer electronics stores in America.
"When I go to Circuit City, nobody is over there staring at the 13-inch black and white" televisions, Powell said at a breakfast of cable executives attending the National Cable & Telecommunications Association annual conference.
"They're all in the that little dark room with the big ones, and if they're not buying it, they're wishing they could buy it," he said to chuckles.
"Every man in this room knows the TV envy thing. Sixty-two inches, huh?" Powell said to laughter. Later, he confessed to reporters that the largest television in his household was only 36 inches.

StephenA

Screenwriter
It definitely is among home theater unthusiasts. I'm sure all of us here want as big as a TV we can afford to see our movies in. Of course seeing them in their OAR on a 13 inch TV can't compare to a 56 inch screen, or whatever other big screen TV sizes there are. I'm definitely glad I have my 72 inch TV.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Mine might not be the biggest but size is not a problem around here. In addition I've spent lots of time and energy calibrating this thing so I get more compliments than others with even larger displays.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I have the biggest one in my family, my wife's family and all my friends, 46" of pure 16:9.
Peace Out~:D

James St

Supporting Actor
Well I just purchased a 53" to replace my 32". But I did choose the quality of the more expensive 53" over a 57". If that makes sense.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Guys, are you aware of the psychoanalytic theory which states that the larger your possessions, the more you are compensating for *lack* of size in other areas?

Personally, I'm content with my 16 inches.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
They must be well-hung in Japan - they're always trying to make things smaller over there!! ;)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Well, I just 'downsized' from 133" to 120". Smaller image, much better quality. And 120" is plenty big enough, just ask the women!! :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Guys, are you aware of the psychoanalytic theory which states that the larger your possessions, the more you are compensating for *lack* of size in other areas?
So that must be Lord Farquaad's castle.
Uh-huh. That's the place.
You think maybe he's compensating for something?
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks