What's new

TV Shows on Blu-ray. What's ahead? (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Another problem that I found with Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles is all the episodes on each disc are put together as if it were one episode.

Example:

Disc 1:

Pilot: Title 1 Chapters 1-7
Gnothi Seauton: Title 1 Chapters 8-15
The Turk: Title 1 Chapters 16-23

It's like this for all three discs. I've checked all the options on the discs and there is no option to play just 1 individual episode. You can skip to a episode via the pop up menu, but it's just like skipping ahead in a movie.

Opening and closing credits are still there, but no way of playing just 1 episode at a time........

This is a bit annoying for WHV to do this.....I'm used to individual episodes.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Really? That is annoying. I've been thinking about picking this up and while it is not a deal breaker for me, it does not push many any closer to purchasing it.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Really? I got the impression he wasn't too impressed with the Blu-ray set from what I read from this link. When I see 3 to 3.5 stars next to PQ it dissapoints me. Recently I've been concerned with tv on Blu. The one exception is Lost season 3, which was stunning. I'm buying this series on both sd dvd and Blu-ray. I want to A-B this title for myself to put to rest my concerns. What's been bothering me is from my experiences with Hi-Def tv titles specifically. Titles like, Rescue Me season 3 on Blu and Smallville season 5 on HD DVD and season 6 on Blu have not overwhelmed me by a significant margine to see paying the extra cost for the Blu-ray versions over the sd dvd versions. With a show like this there is no reason why the Blu-ray shouldn't be 5 stars across the board. I hope the reviewer is in error and the presentation exceeds my expectations. Here's hopin'.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Are you talking about the sd dvd release? It's my understanding that the Blu-ray release is 2 discs not 3. Has something changed?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

The Blu-ray is 3 discs Troy. 3 episodes on discs 1 & 2. Disc 3 has 3 episodes plus the Directors/Extended cut of The Demon Hand.

Bonus material is spread across the 3 discs.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
You have to understand that the source could be as much or more of a problem as the transfer. TV shows have a much lower production cost, and everything from the film stock to the mastering equipment may not be at the same level as a cinematic feature.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Just give me TWIN PEAKS (all transfered to HD some time ago) and LOST Season 1, please.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

troy evans

Screenwriter
My mistake. Somewhere I read this was a 2 disc. Each disc being a BD50. So, it's 3 BD50 discs and still no lossless audio?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

In light of this stupidity, I have a question. Is there a main menu on any of these discs? If so, it may very well be the first Warner Bros. HD disc to have one. Warner Bros. has been dogged in their seemingly inexplicable decision to forgo main menus on their HD discs. Perhaps their unfamiliarity with how to create them begot this clunky implementation.

troy evans

Screenwriter
That makes sense. Hey, maybe I'm getting spoiled by all this Hi-Def from Blu-ray. I was just concerned. I don't want to see them start half-assing the releases like they did with some of the sd dvd stuff. I guess I want all tv on Blu to attempt to have the same quality as the Lost release did. Perhaps that's unrealistic, I don't know.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If they were going too do that (I said "if"; I'm not condoning), they should not have the credits run before & after each episode. Then it would indeed run: "as if it were one episode".
This has GOT to be a mistake.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just received the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles BD today! I had ordered it from WHV. I've never received any disc before street day. I feel special. ;) :D

I do have to say, whoever designed the menu layout and access was smoking pot.

Yeah, the implementation is just bizarre. I popped in disc 2 which has three episodes on it. Other than the options for extras, there's just one option to select-- "Play Episode"-- in the singular-- although there's three episodes on the disc. You can't even tell which three episodes are on this disc from the menu. It doesn't even list them by name. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least offered a "scene selection" menu. They don't even offer that.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My local Borders were selling Sarah Connor today so I picked it up. I know that WB loves auto play and I don't mind it for movies, but automatically playing 3 TV episodes is way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks