What's new

TV Shows 2-Pack Double Season Sets (1 Viewer)

Duane Alford

Second Unit

If this was in seasons sets, it would be obvious as to how it's packaged. But since these were split season sets, how is this one packaged? Is it 4 packages just wrapped up? or one big set in a different package?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I must've mis-posted it ... I do know that there are just two sets. I thought Season 1 was one set. I didn't know the season had been split up.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,

When you play through a half dozen or so of these episodes, please let us know if you have any trouble with the discs. I'm hoping you won't, but I'd be curious how they play for you. Thanks.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Between Outer Limits and Addams Family only being 2/3rds of the complete collection, I'm rather not thrilled at the prospect of picking these up. Guess I'll have to wait for the 3 for $29.99 promotion.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What are you talking about? You can grab Outer Limits Volume 3 at Best Buy for $19.99. You make it sound like $20 for two sets aren't worth it. I can tell you that you will not find all three sets for either series at $30. These deals are just too good to pass up.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

I don't pay that much for flippers. and the deals will always keep coming at this point.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,

Huh? I think some of us -- maybe only me -- are a bit confused. In your original post, you wrote Outer Limits Season 1 & 2. I assumed we were talking about the original series, since there are only two seasons, and since I hadn't heard of any news of anything beyond the first season being released of the 1990s series (other than those {IMO} uninteresting theme-based sets). Are you speaking of the 1963-65 series, or the 1990s series? If the former, then I will be picking this set up -- but only if they are not on flippers. I've been wanting single-sided discs of this series for quite some time.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

Mark will probably post when he's next logged in but I think he's referring to the re-release of the original Outer Limits series. If I recall, the original series was re-released a few years after its intitial release. I don't have the re-released sets but perhaps they were produced on single-sided DVD's vs the original flipper releases.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's I'm referring to. Universal and 20th Century Fox have been re-releasing a lot of their previously released shows to slimpacks. At $40 for all three sets, that really isn't a bad price.

I've been buying a lot of Classic TV shows, Outer Limits, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Get Smart, etc. That Outer Limits pack is definitely on my list. These thinpacks are often designed to hold either one or two DVD's and they are held in place on the interior cover-sde, no flipper pages. The same packaging that is found with Walker Texas Ranger, Charmed, X-Files (new releases), JAG, NCIS ... those type of cases.

Oke, I was referring to Volume 1 and Volume 2. What I originally posted was a typo. Haven't you ever done that? :lol:
Volume 3 can be picked up at Best Buy for $19.99, still, not at all a bad price.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Jeff,

Okay, thanks. I thought the re-releases were still flippers. Can anyone confirm for certain?

Mark,

Gotcha.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Ok...I bought the entire 3 volume collection within the last 6 months and they are contained in 6 slim packs. Each containing a single disk with 4 episodes a side. So yes they are still flippers.

While I can see the issue of having to be more careful handling flippers, I've personally had no issues with any I've ever received. Nor have I had issues with any dual layer flippers, but I know some have.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
BSmith,

Hey, thanks a bunch! I own the original series (both volumes, original release) and they work fine. Had the set you owned been single-sided, I would have double-dipped for certain. Thanks again.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm starting to think some of us may have differing definitions for slimpacks, or for flippers, or both. When I think of a slimpack, I think of the cases that hold the current The Three Stooges collections. You can fit one or two discs in them, depending on whether there are disc slots on both sides of the cases (inside left and right) which open up. A flipper to me means a two-sided disc, and these would easily fit into the same cases that are currently being used to house the discs for The Three Stooges collections.

Mark,

What is your definition of a slimpack casing? And, is your usage of the terms slimpack and thinpack synonymous?

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Most times I've seen the term flipper used related to DVDs is a disk with content on both sides (i.e., you have to flip it to get to the rest of the content, side A and side B). It appears that Mark might be talking about cases with one or more inner shells that contain additional disks, such as the Fugitive sets.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, say double sided disks. Flipper indicates that you're talking about DVD cases that have an inside page, that sometimes causes scratches to DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks