What's new

tv show you'd buy but will never make it to dvd (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Hi, Jacob. Although I'm replying to your post back in Dec, you probably already know that both "bionic" series are being prepared for release this year according to a quote from Robert Reed, VP of Universal Home Video. He was quoted at a screening late last year of the "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" event in LA.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Larry,

That's an impressive list :star:

You have a bunch listed that I'd buy tomorrow if they were available.

Anyone heard about "Mike Hammer Private Eye" possible on the runway soon?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Hey, Chip R, late reply from me (this thread is super)

Time Tunnel is my all-time favorite SciFi series even though it was a 1-season'er. I'd think that since "Lost In Space" is selling well, Irwin Allen, Inc would release this one as well. Irwin Allen has been quoted as saying that "Time Tunnel" was his personal favorite series that he produced.

As far as I know, no one has heard a thing about this possible DVD release :thumbsdown:

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I'd be very surprised if "Phoenix", a show I would really like to get, ever makes it to DVD. I don't think it even lasted one season.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
here is my list of shows:

Hawaii Five-0 I have hope someday Viacom/Paramount will release it on DVD

CHiPs- MGM needs to get on the ball already!!

The Love Boat- another Paramount property that hopefully will be released, love the theme song.

Emergency!- Hopefully later this year Universal will announce it.

Beverly Hills 90210- still waiting patiently!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ditto, Joe :) I really liked that one, especially the early seasons of the series. I also liked "Fantasy Island". I wonder if Gord or Dave L have any rumors about these two? They were popular back in the late 70's.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
#1 on my list is still Isis and Shazam!
Probably the two least likely to make it, but it's a wish.

Welcome Back, Kotter.
The Fall Guy
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
The Incredible Hulk 1982 cartoon
The Incredible Hulk (whole seasons next time Universial!)
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Chips
Alice
Get Smart!
Bosom Buddies
BJ and the Bear
One Day a Time
Mr. Merlin
Powers of Matthew Starr
Phoenix
Automan
Manimal
Man from Atlantis
Pac-Man
Tabitha
The New Gidget
And any other 1970's/80's hit shows still not out on dvd

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if we'll ever see the Beetlejuice animated series come to DVD... I find it strange and maybe my memory is skewed but I remember this being one of the most popular shows of it's day; right up there with The Real Ghostbusters and Garfield, etc. but for some reason it never gets any mention in these type of threads. This used to seriously be my favorite cartoon of my childhood and if I'm not mistaken, I believe Tim Burton even wrote a number of episodes for the original season. It was such a unique and imaginative series with great characters and intelligent too, I remember Edgar Allen Poe and Shakespeare referances to classic American literature, etc. Plus the wonderful contrast of humor and colorful animation with a strong gothic undertone was just brilliant. Was there ever any other children's shows in the history of television entertainment where the main character was an unruly dead guy called back from the afterlife to befriend a quiet, reclusive morbid young girl? I haven't seen the show since I was about 10 years old, but in my memory, it's still one of the greatest and I would kill to have it on DVD in just about any form! I pray that when the live action movie is re-released on DVD in a Special Edition format, we will see some sort of tie-in... even a single-disc compilation of episodes would satisfy me at this point!

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hands down...

WKRP in Cincinnati

Won't happen because of music rights, but boy that would be awesome!

Cheers,
Andrew

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Space Academy - Could fit on a 2-DVD set.

The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour - Oh, I know that Looney Tunes cartoons are coming to DVD, but at a glacial pace, and with non-BB/RRH cartoons, esp. pre-1948 cartoons, being heavily favoured by the fans and by the people compiling the LTGC releases. Assuming the complete oeuvre of Warner Bros. cartoons does see DVD release, and does so before I'm a senior citizen (or dead), I still will have preferred to see the cartoons on DVD in my format of choice, the way I grew up with them, on their TV compilations, with the BB/RRH cartoon title cards, Road Runner segues, stage scenes, the lot.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
Adventures Of Ozzie and Harriet
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C
Just Say Julie
Mannix
Barnaby Jones

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I avoided posting my list in this thread for a long time because I want to believe that every show should be on DVD, but there are some that probably won't ever come which is sad :frowning:

The Canadian Crop
Student Bodies
An American in Canada
Seeing Things
Puttnam's Prarie Emporium
The 5th Quadrant
Edison Twins
Dog House
The Little Vampire
Mosquito Lake
Squawk Box
Back to Sherwood
Vampire High
Four on the Floor
Maniac Mansion
You Can't Do That On Television - Red Tape Involving the Television Station that broadcast it.
House of Frankenstein - Lost the masters

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? - It was an awesome game show based on the computer game. Man it would be so great seeing this show again. But I doubt it will ever happen.

Sightings - It could come it's still possible but I think it's doubtful. I even sent Shout Factory an email saying how great it would to release this as a companion to Unsolved Mysteries.

Fish Police, Gravedale High, Garbage Pail Kids, Barnyard Commandos, TigerSharks - These cartoons are so obscure thre below obscure I think only a handful of us remember them unfortantly.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Black Tie Nights
L.A. Firefighters
Leaving L.A.
Now and Again
Spy Game
Unsub

These are all shortened complete series.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Dave I know. I just meant It would be great if Shout released Sightings to go along with Unsolved Mysteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks