What's new

TV Show sets continuing in 2005? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Reading the last thread, I realized I'm more excited to continue my existing shows than add new Season 1's. In 2005 assuming all these shows will release another season, I'll be buying sets of:

Simpsons
Millennium
Sanford and Son
Batman: the Animated Series
Superman: the Animated Series
SCTV
Kids in the Hall
Home Movies
Taxi
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld

You?

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
There is only one new show that i will purchase and that show is SEINFELD.I have several other shows which have that are frozen in seasons 1 or 2 and I am so frustrated to see so many sub-par shows going through seasons 5 and 6 already.
I dont think SEINFELD will suffer the fate of the other "TV SHOWS ON DVD", but you never know. It will be only that show and as for anything other shows, I'll wait until their season 5 release for me to make a meaningful purchase.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Continuing series I would buy.

All in the Family
Andy Griffith Show
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Cheers
Everybody Loves Raymond
Flintstones
Frasier
Friends
Garfield and Friends
Good Times
Happy Days
In Living Color
King of the Hill
King of Queens
Married...with Children
Mary Tyler Moore
M*A*S*H
Mork and Mindy
The Munsters
Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Sanford and Son
Sealab 2021
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
South Park
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Spongebob Squarepants
Taxi
What's Happening

Series that I'm not entirely sure of but if they came out they'd make that top list...Malcolm in the Middle, The Jeffersons, Jeff Foxworthy Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) Green Acres. Mary Tyler Moore should also be in that catagory but I put it in the definites because I'm extremely hopeful.

Shows I'd buy a next season of providing that the studio did them correctly...Alf and Ren and Stimpy.

It will be interesting to see how many long-running shows see their final DVD release in 2005.

For sure:
Sanford and Son
Saved by the Bell
What's Happening (unless Columbia pulls one of its 15 months between releases jobs)

On the Doorstep
Friends
2 releases in 2005 sounds reasonable considering we got 3 in 6 months from last November to April.

Could Happen if fast tracked
Garfield and friends
In Living Color
M*A*S*H
Mork and Mindy
Garfield is most likely of the shows on this list, as I heard that all 5 volumes would be out by the end of 2005.
M*A*S*H is one I hope gets fast tracked so I can have season 11 by the end of the year but I'm only expecting seasons 8 and 9.

The Munsters should see its second and final release in 2005.
Giligan's Island will see season 2 in 2005 and maybe they finish it in the same year?

Rodrick

Second Unit
I want to continue to collect

Frasier
Cheers
Scooby Doo season 3
7th Heaven
Son of the Beach
Gilligans Island
Charlies Angels
And the rest of Friends series 8,9,and 10

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I will continue to collect:

The Twilight Zone (Definitive Seasons)
The Twilight Zone ('80s)
The Simpsons
Home Movies
Night Gallery
The West Wing
Seinfeld
Arrested Development

And will pick up for the first time:

The Brady Bunch
Scrubs
Undeclared
(...the three series announced or rumored as NEW for 2005 that I recall wanting at the moment. If Leave it to Beaver is in for 2005, count me in as well.)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I'm really excited to continue some of these sets through 2005.

FRASIER: It's already been stated by Paramount that 4 seasons will be released in 2005...bringing the grand total to 8 (1 thru 7 + 11). It's nice to know that the show may very well be completed in 2006.

THE SIMPSONS: I'm glad they're picking up the pace on this one. With season 5 coming in December, I'm hoping to see season 6 by May/June, and S7 by Christmas 2005. However, if they increased the rate to 3 sets per year, I DEFINITELY wouldn't complain. lol

THE JEFFERSONS:: I can't help but continue to gripe about the lack of sets for this show. Prior to purchasing the first 2 sets, I had NEVER seen the show. After watching the first season, it very quickly became one of my favorites. Here's hoping that we'll see season 3 in '05.

SANFORD & SON: Season 6 will be out in January, so that's all she wrote where that's concerned. Unless they decide to release the spin-offs. I'm not holding my breath though.

THE OSBOURNES: I have the first 2 1/2 seasons, so why not continue? Season 3 ended some time ago, so I'm actually surprised that no DVD plans have been announced yet. I can always hope.

MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN: I actually expected a faster release schedule for this one, given its popularity. I'd like to see at least seasons 3 & 4 in 2005. After all, it IS my favorite show. :)

THREE'S COMPANY: I'm hoping seasons 4 & 5 will see the light of day in 2005. Another favorite of mine! Not to mention it'll round out the "Chrissy" years.

THE FLINTSTONES:: It would be nice to see at least season 3 become available next year. Watching these is purely a nostalgia rush for me.

FRIENDS: Bring on 9 & 10 baby!! lol. I seriously can't wait to complete this series. The 'Friends' sets are definitely the most watched in my collection. If they decided to release "Joey" however, I'd pass. That show REALLY stinks. lol

EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND: I just got the first season of 'Raymond' a few weeks ago, and am eagerly anticipating season 2. It seems like they're going to release this show rather promptly. Therefore it'd be nice to see 3 or 4 more seasons released next year.

SOUTH PARK: I'm so behind on these sets, it's not even funny. I only have the first 2 seasons, and now they have S5 coming out. lol. It'd be nice to see 6 & 7 released in '05 though. I know after Christmas I'm purchasing 3, 4 & 5 in one shot.

REN & STIMPY I don't know if it's asking too much, but I'd love to see the next 2 seasons bundled together sometime next year. Although John K. wasn't in the pilot's seat, these seasons (3 in particular) had some very memorable episodes, ie. "Ren's Pecs".

LOONEY TUNES GOLDEN COLLECTION: I think this one's pretty much a no-brainer. I expect to see volume 3 by the end of 2005. I know I can't wait to get V2.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I hope more A-Team comes out. Went through the first season in a few days. Any news on that? I'll also buy whatever more South Park comes out.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The ones I'm shooting for in 2005 are:

Superman: The Animated Series
Star Trek: Enterprise
Star Trek: The Animated Series
Smallville
Seinfeld

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm just hoping we'll see a few more Survivor releases and at least two seasons of The Simpsons.

John McM

Second Unit
series' that might be continuing in 05 I want

Taxi - now that we know the series will be finishing by the end of 05, I am happy. One of my faves

Diff'rent Strokes - knowing Columbia TriStar, nothing is guarenteed. But I think this show will do well enough for a season 2. So I am hoping we'll get s2 in 05, tho it'd be sweet if we also get 3.

South Park - who knows when 5 is coming out, would be cool if 6 and 7 come out next year as well.

Simpsons - this will be in the "continuing" list for a few years, lol. Can't wait for 5 in December and 6 and 7 in 05.

Family Guy - I think the upcoming Season 4 will probably be promoted as a Christmas release

Roswell - can't wait to finish next summer

Popular - can't wait to finish with season 2

Happy Days - season 2 will probably be out next year, I'll stop after 2 because I don't like the live episodes

Charlie's Angels - hopefully we'll see season 3, but I'm not holding my breath, but I figure spring 2005 will be a reasonable expectation date

227 - would love to see a season 2 release, but it all depends on how season 1 did.

Ellen - season 2 in Feb and we'll probably see 3 in the late summer/early fall (since it looks like it's doing a 2 a year pattern)

Arrested Development - season 2 will probably come out in late Oct next year just like season 1 just did.

Tru Calling - same as Arrested Development, probably season 2 towards the end of the year.

for "new" (as in season 1 coming) titles
Charmed (want the Shannen years and maybe season 4 only)
Simon And Simon (guilty pleasure)
One Day At A Time (will buy as many as Columbia releases, hopefully all)
Roseanne (rumored... will buy all if true, even season 9)
Facts Of Life (rumored... will buy all if true)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Well I have to finish the ROSWELL series as I now have S2 and 3 is being released next year. I want to complete my Jem and the Holograms series and I am looking at getting seaons 1-3 of Smallville.

The only purchases I plan on making for the rest of this year will be Seinfeld 1-3. Hopefully next year I can get Jem season 3 part 1 and maybe finish up my LHOTP series ( I have 1-3 and need 4 and 5 and 6, which have already been released).

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

And if Imavision holds to their schedule, this will be completed by the end of '05, including the movies.

Chris

John*P

Second Unit
I want more of...

Alf
Diff'rent Strokes
Family Guy (Season 4?)
Gilmore Girls
Laverne & Shirley
Malcolm in the Middle
Married...with Children
Punky Brewster
Saved by the Bell

Joel C

Screenwriter
quote:Tru Calling - same as Arrested Development, probably season 2 towards the end of the year.

You know TC got canceled, right? North Shore or something will be in its time slot.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'll be looking forward to more of That 70s Show (the season one discs are great) and Taxi. (How do we know the series will be finishing up on DVD in '05? Must have missed that announcement.)

Of course, I want to see more Simpsons, like everyone else. Can we push our luck and hope for 3 seasons in '05?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Fans of "Sledge Hammer" and the season one release will be happy to know Anchor Bay is releasing the second and final season early next summer!

John McM

Second Unit
Joel, thanks for telling me about Tru Calling. That really bites that Fox renewed it for a season 2 and then cancels it 6 episodes into production before the first episode even airs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks