What's new

TV shopping Newbie...... (1 Viewer)

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I need to buy a new T.V. I want it to be a nice model, but not a really fancy one. The T.V. I have now only has a coax cable input (yes it's that cheep & old).
What I want is some suggestions. I don't want to spend more than $750 if I can help it, and if possible I want it to be a 35" 4:3 (if its a widescreen it won't fit in my entertainment center). Are there any specific brands that are worth looking at more than others?
This will be for my main living room, so I want it to be a nice T.V., I just don't want the price to be through the roof. If I absolutely need to, I will spend up to $800 but not a penny more.
If you need anymore info, reply and tell me what you need and I will do my best to provide it to you.
Suggestions people?.......Wil

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
You probably want to take a look at the 32 and 36 inch regular tube offerings from JVC, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. They all have tvs that fall around that price range. For example, I know you can get the 32 inch Cinema Series Toshiba - 32AX60 for around $650-$700. Also, Toshiba will be releasing new models as the year progresses. For JVC, you want to take a look at the D series - 32D502, etc. For pricing one can go to mysimon.com or pricescan.com to get a general idea of prices from e-tailers.
hope this helps,
--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks