TV Risers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Pratt, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

There was a suggestion earlier about adding in a riser to lift the RPTV up a little so the back seats can see it...what height seems to work for most people?

2. Darren McGruther

Darren McGruther Stunt Coordinator

I have a 7" riser/storage under my RPTV. I created a drawer inside the riser to put some of my VHS tapes I don't watch anymore.

3. MarkMaestas

MarkMaestas Agent

The great thing about setting up your home theater is that you can make customize it to you. In my opinion, there is no "standard height" to answer your question. Make it fit your family and room. For example, if the kids usually sit in the back row, the TV will have to be higher for them to see over the first row. If the back row seats comprised of chairs or sofas that people sink into or slouch down into, then you would want the TV higher as well. I've seen some TV's on small platforms that are only 1 foot higher and at a Parade of Homes setup they had one built into the wall that was up about 5 feet. Sit in your back row and estimate the best viewing height for your room and viewers and seats.

Good Luck.

Mark