TV Repair Question - Coaxial Cable Connector on TV..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Nov 11, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

OK all, bare with me on this one. I know the devices, but I don't know all the proper name for devices, so I'm going to explain this the best I can.
    I went to the TV/VCR combo on the porch to try and hook up a video game system. I tried to un'screw' the coaxial cable connection from the little stick out connector, only thing is, it was wound up too damned tight. After about ten minutes of trying to budge the thing, I failed miserably.
    So, I got out the proper sized wrench from the toolbox, and tried to wrench it off. After a few turns, it started to move. Only problem is, I noticed that the cable, and the connector it was attached to where both moving. THe little screwup thing wasn't budging an inch.
    So, to make a long story short, I wound up disconecting the cable setup completly, accidentally tore out the little stick out connector from the TV. The Coaxial Cable twister was STILL Stuck to the thing. So, an hour later, I finally managed to get the little sucker unscrewed, but that does me little to no good, since the connector is now not attached to the TV.
    I noticed the end of the connector was soldered to something inside that little hole on the TV. So, my question is, is this an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing?
    Hope that explination wasn't too confusing [​IMG].
    Thanks!

2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

It should be easy enough to open it up and re-solder it. Just be very careful of not touching the CRT itself...
    If you broke some internal molding a little super glue could do the trick and then just attaching a short cable with a coupler on the end so you don't have to worry about breaking it again. [​IMG]

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor