TV Ratings...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrew_Sch, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Does anyone know some good sites for checking out TV ratings? Specifically, I'm writing an article about hockey and its lack of popularity, and I'd like to be able to compare hockey's ratings with those of other sports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    It depends on what kind of information you're looking for. Very little actual ratings data is available on the 'net or elsewhere. Don't forget, the A.C. Neilsen Corp. makes its money selling this information to television networks, stations and advertisers. It wouldn't be worth much if it were all available for free in the library or on the web.

I'd suggest checking the Neilsen site itself, as well as the sites for the sports leagues involved. Since every other damned historical stat about sports is written down somewhere you should at least be able to find comparative data, if not actual numbers, in some of the sport business publications, which cover things like TV contracts which are (of course) based on ratings.

But I can probably save you some time. Hockey gets low ratings because hockey sucks. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Hockey gets lower ratings than curling even during the Championship.

4. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

Try zap2it .

They have the overnights, plus the weekly ratings.

MediaWeek also breaks down the ratings.

5. Mike Blais

Mike Blais Stunt Coordinator