Tv problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I have a 24inch phillips widescreen tv (just for the bedroom) and i have noticed some vertical lines that appear at both sides of the screen but are more noticeable on the left hand side. The best way i can describe these lines are shadowy and about the same width as a pencil. They are much more noticeable on dark pictures. I have noticed these lines before on another tv but always assumed they were lines brought about by poor reception or a bad signal. However i only use my Phillips to watch dvd and i have it connected directly via RGB gold plated scart. As i have no other equipment linked up i thought this problem wouldn't exist. Could anyone please suggest what these lines might be and would a better quality gold scart solve the problem? (my current lead was only £14.99)

2. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Anyone please?

3. John Chevalier

John Chevalier Stunt Coordinator

I'm just throwing this out there, but do you have any speakers close to the TV that are not shielded? What about other electronics. I have a monitor that is very finicky when it comes to stuff like that. I have to keep it at least 3 feet away from any electrical device or speaker.

4. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

No, there's no speakers or anything else near it.

5. Mike-grouse

Mike-grouse Stunt Coordinator

call the company. Sounds defective.

Look at stores to see if it applies to the same model there.

Good luck