What's new

Tv problems (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
I have a 24inch phillips widescreen tv (just for the bedroom) and i have noticed some vertical lines that appear at both sides of the screen but are more noticeable on the left hand side. The best way i can describe these lines are shadowy and about the same width as a pencil. They are much more noticeable on dark pictures. I have noticed these lines before on another tv but always assumed they were lines brought about by poor reception or a bad signal. However i only use my Phillips to watch dvd and i have it connected directly via RGB gold plated scart. As i have no other equipment linked up i thought this problem wouldn't exist. Could anyone please suggest what these lines might be and would a better quality gold scart solve the problem? (my current lead was only £14.99)

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just throwing this out there, but do you have any speakers close to the TV that are not shielded? What about other electronics. I have a monitor that is very finicky when it comes to stuff like that. I have to keep it at least 3 feet away from any electrical device or speaker.

Mike-grouse

Stunt Coordinator
call the company. Sounds defective.

Look at stores to see if it applies to the same model there.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks