What's new

Tv picture quality (1 Viewer)

MatthewLei

Grip
Hello I'm new here :) Well I've had my cable just hooked right into the tv. But today I went out and got the stereo av wires. The cable is now plugged into a vcr with the Av video going to the tv and audio to the stereo. The problem with this is the picture quality is alot worse. Anyway to fix this?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the forum! You'll like it here. As for your problem, most members require a few more details.
However,
On some TV's, you will have to change the 'input' to activate the yellow AV cable. It might be possible too that the center conductor of the coax cable was bent when you connected it to your VCR. Also check the VCR manual. It should be set for CATV and not to antenna or SAT. If it was a local station that you tried this out on, what you could be seeing is the TV reception without any antenna at all.
Try those, and if no-go, get back with your equipment details.
Glenn

MatthewLei

Grip
The wires are all fine. I checked them out and even exchanged them. Most channels are coming in pretty bad. The tv is set to video mode and the vcr is set to CATV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks