TV on Projector without an S Video cable... How?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dai Desch, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Dai Desch

Dai Desch Auditioning

Hello to everyone on this board, I'm new here. For my birthday i'm planning on either getting an Epson Powerlite S1 or an Infocus X1. Due to my limited funds I can't upgrade to something better. I also can't make a custom sound system at the time being... so I'm planning on getting a basic 100 dollar surround system then slowly start purchasing all my audio parts.
    I want to use this front projector as my main TV, while I was at a retail store looking at the samples I noticed that it did not have a Coax input... only an S-Video with an RCA Audio/Video input. This is the problem, I was wondering how I can watch tv with this projector though I do not have an S-Video output in my house. How can I watch tv with this projector? Is it possible?
    I plan on using my computer also for this work, I've seen it called and "HTPC" in the primer. Would I be able to put my TV on my computer then put the computer on the projector, or would I be able to put S Video out from a extremely basic home theater system?

Any input or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

2. adamKI

adamKI Stunt Coordinator

You could use a VCR, cable box or Satellite receiver with an S-video out. In each case that would act as the TV tuner and the projector would simply accept the video signal from it.

Also, the X1 has a composite input (single yellow RCA connector) so you could use that if your VCR/cable box doesn't have s-video.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Moved to displays