What's new

TV on DVD-will studios follow up? (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
1)* If you want to support a show on DVD, buy it.* Buy it now.* Of course there won't be later seasons released if everybody acted like you!
2)* If you are so anal retentive as to not want a show at all unless every last season is released, you need therapy.* ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Time Life does the Muppet sets
That's like saying "Columbia House does the I Love Lucy sets". It's true, but like with Lucy, the main studio is now moving in and getting the identical releases onto store shelves.
This might help a tad! ;)
In the meantime, expect Columbia/TriStar releases of "The Best Of The Muppet Show" volumes 1 & 2 on Sept. 3, 2002. They will SRP for $24.99 each at your local store.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
2) If you are so anal retentive as to not want a show at all unless every last season is released, you need therapy.
Either that, or the show has an ongoing continuity that is really good (like Oz or Twin Peaks). With something like Oz, I keep missing when they re-run on showcase, and if you miss one episode you fall behind. DVD is great because you can see everything in order (and all in a couple of days if you want).
Maybe I just need therapy for getting hooked on Oz in the first place...:)

Steve Kramzer

Stunt Coordinator
I would take a slow simpsons schedule if fox also released R1 copies of futurama and family guy in between simpsons releases. (imagine a simpsons release, then two months later a futurama release, followed two months later by family guy release, and repeated...man my wallet would take a beating)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
OK...I'll buy them, if it gets us 20 other best-of volumes.
Well, I'm not really talking about best-of volumes. But as far as season sets go, think about it. If you are looking at the first season of a series sitting on a shelf, and you think "gosh, I would buy this, but what if they don't release all of the later seasons", BUY IT. If everybody is thinking like you then there sure as hell won't be more seasons released. Stop being part of the problem! Support the shows you want and encourage others to do the same!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
OK. I will. I'm a big Muppet Show fan, anyway. I just hope someone sells them for a lower price than $24.99! And if they brought out 20 more best-of volumes of The Muppet Show after the 20 they're planning now, we will have all 120 episodes!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
But these are separately-available discs, not the Time-Life scheme. Who do you think will end up selling it for something like $14.99?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey, I think the best way to answer that question is for you to use a price-search-engine like DVD Price Search and compare similar SRP items from the same studio.
Otherwise, just wait until these discs themselves are listed, and then you can find out the same way!
If you cannot wait, go to Time-Life and pick them up the same way Jeff and I did...buy the 10-pack of Muppet volumes all at once, but first look online for coupon codes that can take a healthy chunk off of the price! ;) My deal was for 20% off the $175 price for all 10 discs at once; this comes to exactly $14 per disc.
In the meantime, I am looking at an official Columbia spec sheet right now for the upcoming Muppet releases, and it shows Suggested List Price (SLP) of $24.95 each for Muppets Vol. 1 and 2, with no MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). However, Kermit's Swamp Years, which streets the same day and is listed here as well, shows an SLP of $27.96 and a MAP of $19.95.
If you know you want the Muppets anyway, I'd just try to get the TL deal. Even without a discount code, it comes to $17.50 a disc, and that ain't bad compared to to prices of the Columbia discs based on the SLP!!

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't want to buy B5 if I wasn't fairly confident that the entire show would be released.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thankfully every season 1 I have bought so far has season a season 2. X-files and TNG have seen more than that. I hope every series I start can be finished.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Be sure and sign the Fraggle petition in my sig for those of you who want this done right on DVD!

-dave

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
John,
get some of your friends who love it to sign it too. That's how you can sign it "twice".
dave :)
p.s. my life won't be complete until I have the entire Fraggle series on DVD!!!

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
The second season of Oz is set for January 2003 according to Tom Fontana and HBO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks