What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I’m just so happy that “Alice”, “Perfect Strangers”, & “Step by Step” are getting released in a timely manner.

Now, I wish Warner Archive would get to work on “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper”.

I prefer a release of Just the Ten of Us, the Growing Pains spinoff.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Minor nitpick on that Dan August part: they say it was on CBS from 1970-71, but that was when it was on ABC. It was, however, on CBS in reruns in 1973 and 1975.
I can say the same thing about Wagon Train: Timeless said that it was on NBC from 1957-65, but it switched networks going over to ABC for its last three seasons from 1962-65.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I can say the same thing about Wagon Train: Timeless said that it was on NBC from 1957-65, but it switched networks going over to ABC for its last three seasons from 1962-65.

Why are those mistakes made? Incorrect information from guides, for one?

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Why are those mistakes made? Incorrect information from guides, for one?
Ditto for Arrest and Trial and Alias Smith and Jones, Timeless said they were both on NBC, but they were on ABC, oh BTW, a history lesson, ABC was formerly known as the NBC Blue Network in the old days of radio. The parent company, RCA had two NBC radio networks, the Red and the Blue. They had to sell the Blue in a court ruling on the matter, so Life Savers candy tycoon Edward Noble bought it in 1942, it eventually became ABC!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ditto for Arrest and Trial and Alias Smith and Jones, Timeless said they were both on NBC, but they were on ABC, oh BTW, a history lesson, ABC was formerly known as the NBC Blue Network in the old days of radio. The parent company, RCA had two NBC radio networks, the Red and the Blue. They had to sell the Blue in a court ruling on the matter, so Life Savers candy tycoon Edward Noble bought it in 1942, it eventually became ABC!
What, no NBC White? :P

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07JMHJVYG/happydaysonline3-20

For those of you who may have missed this, you can also buy The Bad News Bears TV series on DVD at Amazon.

It lists 2 discs, so that would mean all 12 episodes of the first season are on disc 1, while all the 14 episodes of the second season (the last 3 weren't picked up by CBS originally) are on disc 2 (a la Angie).

For those of you who have already bought this title when it was first out this past Halloween, what did you think of it in terms of video/audio quality? I know that, as before, the respective 1978 and 1979 Paramount Television logos are intact.

~Ben

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I know that, as before, the respective 1978 and 1979 Paramount Television logos are intact.

And that is something that both of us have thought was one of the best things a video releaser has ever done, IINM.

What I'd like to know about that is, why is VEI going the extra mile lately with accuracy of the times when it comes to the studio end logos on the series that they release (namely Paramount, as seen here, and on Angie, The Powers of Matthew Star, and Petrocelli, among others)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks