What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The Handmaid's Tale S4 is DVD only? Screw that, then. I hadn't gotten around to getting S3 on Blu yet, so I might just trade in my S1 & S2 sets and just stream the show when I want to watch it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Since MGM is in bed with WB now, I wonder if the Blu could show up through the Archives eventually?

Not sure that MGM is in bed with them that much. When Paramount had a lot of their catalog titles being distributed by Warner, a bunch of them were reissued under the WAC banner on DVD, but never on BD. And, at this point, I'm not sure what WAC's current plans are for TV on BD. They've been pretty sparse on that score for a while. Unless I managed to miss some announcements, they only released four live-action TV season sets in 2021.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Actually, the Blu will be worse since it's a crop and chop job to make it fake widescreen.

The DVD set will likely be on par with the previous release, since that's being released in the correct OAR.

Good point.

Doing some further googling, some folks on a robocop specific forum were talking about this particular issue. It was noted that on some streaming services which currently have this 1994 robocop show, were exactly a lazy assed crop chop job of fullscreen->widescreen.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The 30 discs count of the Mill Creek original Magnum PI bluray set, suggests it will be 5 or 6 episodes per disc. So likely 4 discs per season, except for the first and final/eighth seasons which will likely be 3 discs per season.

The unknown part, is whether the season 3 discs will include the crossover episode with Simon & Simon. (IIRC, the Simon & Simon crossover episode was included in the original season 1 double-sided flipper discs set as some "bonus episodes").

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if these VEI sci-fi compilation sets are "disc reduced" versions where they cram as many as seven or eight episodes per disc.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I would've been interested in The Immortal as its own release, but I don't want to have to buy the entire collection just for that. I might've been similarly interested in Jake 2.0, but probably not; I really like Christopher Gorham in Covert Affairs, but as I recall from seeing the pilot, the Jake 2.0 series wasn't all that good.

I'm kinda surprised (and kinda not) that Paramount has decided to give CSI: Vegas a MOD BD-R release. For those interested, I suspect it'll be available on-line from Bull Moose (they've offered some other Paramount MOD releases).

I may pick up the Ozzie & Harriet releases, but I think I'll wait until they're actually released to see how they turn out, given the issues that have plagued previous releases of the show.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
COMING ON 5/24:
* The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - The Complete Season 1 (MPI Home Video)
$29.98 SRP DVD

https://www.deepdiscount.com/adventures-of.../030306744698
-----Stars real-life couple Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and their sons, Ricky and David. THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON ONE contains all 39 full, fun-filled episodes starting with the premiere show and other rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Hal Smith, Ellen Corby, Janet Waldo, Joseph Kearns, Jeanette Nolan, Stanley Holloway, Frank Nelson and other familiar faces. 4-disc set.
* The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - The Complete Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
$29.98 SRP DVD

https://www.deepdiscount.com/adventures-of.../030306744797
-----Stars real-life couple Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and their sons, Ricky and David. THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON TWO contains all 39 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Frank Cady, John Carradine, Lurene Tuttle, Hal Smith, Joseph Kearns, Janet Waldo and other familiar faces. 4-disc set.

Is that the MPI Home Video Official Announcement?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Is that the MPI Home Video Official Announcement?

Nowadays tvshowsondvd's twitter/facebook feeds are fairly accurate, even if still unofficial. (Don't know if they're getting emails directly from the home video divisions of the big movie companies).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm kinda surprised (and kinda not) that Paramount has decided to give CSI: Vegas a MOD BD-R release. For those interested, I suspect it'll be available on-line from Bull Moose (they've offered some other Paramount MOD releases).
It looks like the CSI: Vegas may be pressed, not BD-R.

The pre-order thread just posted by Ron had a different (newer) picture with the Blu-Ray Logo label.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks