What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So that's why it wouldn't show up when I searched for it in the search bar.

Instead of naming it "The 20th and Final Season", they named it just "The Final Season" and it would not show up when you search for "gunsmoke season 20".

That's one of those CBS quirks you have to know about. They love that "final season" branding.

Shout, too.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Speaking of the Final Season release of Step by Step, here is a link by which you can get it at a decent price along with cover art and the release date is listed as 4/21/2020...

https://www.deepdiscount.com/step-by-step-the-complete-seventh-and-final-season/883929712182

3808876-2553675.jpg

And with that, we can add another show to the ever-growing list of completed series now officially out on the DVD format.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
That's one of those CBS quirks you have to know about. They love that "final season" branding.

Shout, too.

That may be true in some cases but of the CBS DVDs I have here is what is printed on the labels:

Perry Mason: The Final Season/Season 9 Volume 1 (or 2)
Mannix: The Final Season (with 8 bullets indicating the 8th Season)
The Wild Wild West The Fourth Season (the final season mentioned in the description on the back)
Mission: Impossible The Final TV Season (with a big 7 indicating the 7th season)
Hawaii Five 0: The Twelfth and Final Season

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That may be true in some cases but of the CBS DVDs I have here is what is printed on the labels:

Perry Mason: The Final Season/Season 9 Volume 1 (or 2)
Mannix: The Final Season (with 8 bullets indicating the 8th Season)
The Wild Wild West The Fourth Season (the final season mentioned in the description on the back)
Mission: Impossible The Final TV Season (with a big 7 indicating the 7th season)
Hawaii Five 0: The Twelfth and Final Season

Hart to Hart also was called "The Final Season" on the front, but had "The Complete Fifth Season" on the spine and the back (in that fifth-and-final-season release from Shout!).

harttohartseason5.jpg

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
This is probably the second time the Monk complete series has been re-released.

If I had to guess, it will probably be in one of those giant 24-discs cases

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Heh.

I thought about doing a preorder for the Criminal Minds season 15 dvd set, but just noticed the amazon listing was removed entirely. (The complete series dvd set listing was also absent). It was originally suppose to be released this coming tuesday (apr 14).

My guess is ViacomCBS might not be doing many "non essential" releases, for various reasons such as:

- shipment of discs from mexico is delayed (or not happening at all) ?
- possible demand for new dvd/bluray releases being severely supressed ?
- nobody in any of the distribution channels is working currently ?
- amazon is in a feud with ViacomCBS ?
- etc ....

Guess I'll have to wait later this year to order this Criminal Minds season 15 dvd set. (Assuming this release is not permanently cancelled).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Heh.

I thought about doing a preorder for the Criminal Minds season 15 dvd set, but just noticed the amazon listing was removed entirely. (The complete series dvd set listing was also absent). It was originally suppose to be released this coming tuesday (apr 14).

My guess is ViacomCBS might not be doing many "non essential" releases, for various reasons such as:

- shipment of discs from mexico is delayed (or not happening at all) ?
- possible demand for new dvd/bluray releases being severely supressed ?
- nobody in any of the distribution channels is working currently ?
- amazon is in a feud with ViacomCBS ?
- etc ....

Guess I'll have to wait later this year to order this Criminal Minds season 15 dvd set. (Assuming this release is not permanently cancelled).

You're looking under the wrong thing

https://www.amazon.com/Criminal-Min...inal+season&qid=1586478921&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2

Final Season. That's why you're not finding it. CBS loves that damn "final season" labeling. They've even done it to Gunsmoke.

They should at least call it "The Fifteenth and Final Season" or something like that for people who don't automatically know what the final season was.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
What keywords did you use?

I tried ones like:

"Criminal Minds"

"Criminal Minds season"

"Criminal Minds final season"

It didn't show up at all.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Mill Creek ends up redoing the 12 Monkeys dvds where they cram 6 episodes onto one dvd disc.

Hopefully the bluray version will be done better, like how they handled the bluray versions of Universal stuff like Knight Rider, Airwolf, etc ...

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
IIRC, Universal originally did 12 Monkeys seasons 3 and 4 as bluray-mod releases.

I don't recall they ever did dvd releases for seasons 3 and 4 in region1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks