What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm not betting on that. I think it's too important for Peacock streaming for them to risk losing any money to discs.

Parks and Rec, maybe. But not The Office.

Except that 30 Rock will also be on Peacock so their contract with streaming does not necessarily preclude a disc licensing deal.

And maybe they'll finally let them have Murder, She Wrote, too.

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Except that 30 Rock will also be on Peacock so their contract with streaming does not necessarily preclude a disc deal.

And maybe they'll finally let them have Murder, She Wrote, too.

Yeah, but there wasn't a $100 million bidding war for 30 Rock.

The Office is Peacock's big draw. 30 Rock, great show that it is, is an afterthought. So based on that, I don't think NBCU lets The Office go the way they do their shows that aren't cash cows.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They'd be foolish to turn down the money from discs as long as there is still money to be made from them. NBCUniversal and Mill Creek both know this show will sell plenty of copies on Blu-ray if released that way. They just want the timing to be right.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
So, too, did VEI (Visual Entertainment, Inc.). But then CBS DVD itself began to wise up on logo replacement, at least on those titles they release through its MOD program.

~Ben

Did they do this because they seemed to realize that many of the people who remember their shows (the shows from Paramount, et al. that they own) wanted to remember those shows as they originally aired, logos and all?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Did they do this because they seemed to realize that many of the people who remember their shows (the shows from Paramount, et al. that they own) wanted to remember those shows as they originally aired, logos and all?

Sony has done the most to turn things around there. Since the 2000s, they've been getting better — albeit not 100% so — about restoring original logos.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Sony has done the most to turn things around there. Since the 2000s, they've been getting better — albeit not 100% so — about restoring original logos.

Never realized that Sony had made such a commitment on that front!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m losing hope for the last 2 seasons of Mayberry RFD. Unless the original Dragnet TV series 1951 to 58 or the seasons of Gomer Pyle USMC are released fully restored, my Collection on physical media is all but complete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks