What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What are the BBC Archives? An offshoot of the Warner Archives?

I ask because today's announcements included MOD rereleases of Doctor Who serials from BBC Archives. And the The Doctor Who serial rereleases on MoD once again make me wonder if we'll ever get the last couple seasons of Call The Midwife out on Blu through some archives program.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, the extras fro Shout Factory's Space: 1999 release have been announced in today's release list and the Message From Moonbase Alpha is not included. Bummer. Looks like I will have to keep the A&E Mega set that I have. Too bad. I was hoping to be able to get rid of it.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just thought I'd bring this up: looks like Mill Creek is, this August, going to come out with an all-in-one of the 90s NBC/Family Channel Hart to Hart movies, all 8 of 'em-- it's called the "Movies are Murder Collection," and this release will have all the movies on regular discs, and not the uber-expensive MODs of before...

https://www.amazon.com/Hart-Movies-...0D42PQMKDNT&psc=1&refRID=Y9Z0XED5S0D42PQMKDNT

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Saw a Lassie set at Wal-Mart with I think 16 episodes. Is this something new, or a reissue of that best of set from a decade or more ago?

I own that set, but not sure where it is to check the episode count to see if it's the same.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Heh.

Big Bang Theory complete series set with special packaging.

Wonder if there will be huge howls about glue sticking onto the discs, warped discs, etc .... similar to other past complete series sets of this type, such as Smallville, The West Wing, etc ....

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Also all those recent/current dvd-mod releases by Fox, have a really nasty extra drm on them which makes them very non-trivial to rip to the computer. (These recent/current Fox dvd-mod discs don't have any generic css encryption, but have an alternate nasty drm on them).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also all those recent/current dvd-mod releases by Fox, have a really nasty extra drm on them which makes them very non-trivial to rip to the computer. (These recent/current Fox dvd-mod discs don't have any generic css encryption, but have an alternate nasty drm on them).
Aaaaaaaand they've lost my money.

I have 9 seasons of Modern Family on DVD. Won't make it an even 10. Or 11.

Wonder if it's Disney's dumb call or a vestigial Fox decision?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder if it's Disney's dumb call or a vestigial Fox decision?

Most likely a remnant of the previous Fox regime.

Fox has been using this nasty drm variant for almost the last year or so on their dvd-mod tv show releases. The earliest titles which had this nasty drm, date back to September 2018.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Disney hasn't used any extra basketcase drm on their bluray and dvd releases, since 2011 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks