What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The three season Petticoat Junction set in the big plastic case that CBS has used heavily for multi-season rereleases in recent years, has been out for many months now at Wal-Mart. Long enough where I was seeing it regularly for quite a while, but haven't seen it in several months now.

So I assume this is just a wide release for it, enabling it to appear at places like Amazon and the diminishing number of brick & mortar retailers interested in stocking such material?

If the price is attractive, I wouldn't mind double dipping. Seasons 1-3 have been heavily watched by me, so backups might be nice to have if it's $30 or so.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The three season Petticoat Junction set in the big plastic case that CBS has used heavily for multi-season rereleases in recent years, has been out for many months now at Wal-Mart. Long enough where I was seeing it regularly for quite a while, but haven't seen it in several months now.

So I assume this is just a wide release for it, enabling it to appear at places like Amazon and the diminishing number of brick & mortar retailers interested in stocking such material?

If the price is attractive, I wouldn't mind double dipping. Seasons 1-3 have been heavily watched by me, so backups might be nice to have if it's $30 or so.
I'd hope for less than $30. You can purchase the individual seasons from Amazon (not MP vendors), right now, for $26.49.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^
The three season Petticoat Junction set in the big plastic case that CBS has used heavily for multi-season rereleases in recent years, has been out for many months now at Wal-Mart.
[...]

Is this the same box you were talking about LeoA.?

Deep Discount has this for pre-order (May 14) on their site for $37.50 and Amazon for $31.26.

Although Amazon's info is completely lacking and says it is "1 disc."

In the original single Volume sets were there any extras?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Although not entirely confirmed, yay!

* Timeless - The Miracle Of Christmas Ep. 1 & 2 (Sony)

Been waiting for this!

519qQaknNdL._SX342_.jpg

Amazon ($17.99) and Deep Discount ($19.56) have this up for pre-order and a release date of 6/11.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
^Why? It's just a repackage of the 3 seasons, all of which are still available. They need to release S4 instead of yet another repackage job.
I had my hopes up as well. Every now and then I will post a quote from The Beverly Hillbillies on Twitter, tag CBS HE in the quote, and hashtag #releaseseasons6789. CBS HE has been "liking" some of the tweets, so MAYBE somebody is listening?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Yeah, that's the same one I've seen previously in Wal-Mart.

There are extras in season 1 & 2, but none in season 3. The extras are optional episode introductions by Pat Woodell and Linda Kaye Henning, as well as interviews with both cast members. But for anyone that wants more, I highly recommend the MPI set that I think is called Return to Hooterville.

It includes interviews, commercials, game show appearances, unused footage of models of the train and hotel, etc. Was a nice supplement to the official CBS releases and I'm sure I'll watch it again in the future. The old Ultimate Collection release with the first 2/3's or so of season 1 that had fallen into the public domain also may have some unique bonus material of value, but I haven't viewed it since CBS put out their remastered set.

I'm not sure what MPI is up to these days, but I wish they could license the remainder of the run. They put a lot of care into their releases, so I suspect they'd do their best to do the remaining seasons justice on DVD.

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Yeah, that's the same one I've seen previously in Wal-Mart.

There are extras in season 1 & 2, but none in season 3. The extras are optional episode introductions by Pat Woodell and Linda Kaye Henning, as well as interviews with both cast members. But for anyone that wants more, I highly recommend the MPI set that I think is called Return to Hooterville.

It includes interviews, commercials, game show appearances, unused footage of models of the train and hotel, etc. Was a nice supplement to the official CBS releases and I'm sure I'll watch it again in the future. The old Ultimate Collection release with the first 2/3's or so of season 1 that had fallen into the public domain also may have some unique bonus material of value, but I haven't viewed it since CBS put out their remastered set.

I'm not sure what MPI is up to these days, but I wish they could license the remainder of the run. They put a lot of care into their releases, so I suspect they'd do their best to do the remaining seasons justice on DVD.
They are streaming the PD episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies on Hulu (it even has the MPI watermark in the corner) and, I believe, Father Knows Best. I might be mistaken on the last one, but I think that's the one.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

Season 2 of Public Defender.
___

The re-release of the short-lived Pan Am is curious. Isn't it?

However, I just rented it on NetFlix early this year. I'd never seen it before when it aired.
To be sure, the series was a work in progress and never really found it's footing, but I just
loved watching those 14 episodes. I do think, because of the nature of the show and how
the plots moved forward, I would not have liked watching it on network TV with so many
dang commercial interruptions, which were so noticeable when there would have been one
watching the DVD's. But I have to say, I really enjoyed watching this short lived series. It
should have been on a cable channel without commercials.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
c41719a5-a3f6-4da5-a4f2-dfd1f38780bd_1.0f6ef379169c52f869f41ba32c4be4a3.jpeg

* I Love Lucy - The Colorized Collection (CBS/Paramount) DVD
EXTRAS: all-new bonus content detailing the process for colorizing the original black & white episodes
-----The laughs never stop with the I Love Lucy: Colorized Collection, with 16 full-length colorized I Love Lucy episodes, including Lucy's Italian Movie (grape stomping), Lucy Does a TV Commercial (Vitameatavegamin), Job Switching (chocolate factory), and more of your Lucy favorites in COLOR! 2-disc set includes 16 classic I Love Lucy episodes beautifully colorized, including 8 colorized episodes that are new-to-DVD!

This release was hinted at during the last "colorized" telecast a couple months ago! By that I mean they were showing b&w stills of episodes that had been colorized and then they showed color stills. Then there was a fade out and it said "Coming Fall" or "Coming Soon" something like that, but I got the idea!

In my first reading of the above I thought it meant 8 NEW colorized episodes. It is 8 colorized episodes that have not been on DVD. So NEW to DVD. By the way, if one has only seen the colorized episodes in the broadcast specials, you'll have several minutes of extra footage in each one that'll be new as the episodes were edited to current running times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks