What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (2 Viewers)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I Preordered Season 6 of House of cards in December .. the original release date was Jan 30 and it was changed to march 5 2019 ..

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I more or less stopped following HoC sometime in season 3. It seemed less compelling when FU (Spacey's character) was president. (I didn't even bother buying the season 3 bluray).

Though with that being said, one day I might do a binge watch through the seasons 3+ of FU presidency, just to see how it ends.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Every week, I understand a bit more just why the full TSOD site died a quiet death.

Granted, it would've been nice to see the old news pages remain for reference, but there's just no new news to report.

Same here.

The old pages were good for researching previous titles, and seeing what people were thinking back in the heydays of tv on dvd.

Anyway, I'm surprised Victoria is still getting Blu releases, after PBS stopped Call the Midwife and The Durrells.

I still watch this for Jenna Coleman. She was great during her 2013-2015 run on Doctor Who.

I'll probably pick up a complete series set, if they ever release it on bluray.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The amazon listening for the Midnight Texas season 2 bluray, suggests it might be canceled?

(The dvd version has a valid amazon preorder).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Any news if Bonanza set 9 has an extras yet. They are introducing Candy, and Mr. Canary just passed. Hopefully, they had some interviews with him.

James

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yes, more Bonanza is good news! Hopefully, we'll see the complete series of both Bonanza and Gunsmoke make it out on DVD eventually.

Yes, indeed-- those two Westerns were influential where they were originally (Bonanza on NBC, and Gunsmoke on CBS), so each one deserves to be fully out.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I find it a little disrespectful that the Mill Creek re-release of Richard Greene's THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD does not feature Greene or any of the cast on the box art. Are they trying to fool the public into thinking this is one of the darker, newer, unwatchable takes on Robin Hood?
81r6o3nSE6L._SY445_.jpg

It's a funny and highly entertaining adventure show with a great cast. The top ITC swashbuckler.

Greene with Maid Marion #1, Bernadette O'Farrell:
3fde7de8e642c58edd39beed4aa2273a.jpg

Greene with Little John, Archie Duncan:
012-the-adventures-of-robin-hood-theredlist.jpg

O'Farrell with the Sheriff, Alan Wheatley:
rh-005-maid-marian-06.jpg

Greene with Maid Marion #2, Patricia Driscoll:
68517fc4dbbb807c92db788ce0fb73b9.jpg

And the hilarious, Alexander Gauge, as Friar Tuck:
tuck.jpg

4c43dd5db3d22bbd666ca9eb3f9fb7ae.jpg

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Mill Creek did the same with this release of 5 Columbia Pictures related to Robin Hood.

https://www.millcreekent.com/robin-hood-origins-5-film-collection.html

The films are: BANDIT OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1946) with Cornel Wilde
THE PRINCE OF THIEVES (1948) with Jon Hall
ROGUES OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1950) with John Derek
SWORD OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1960) with Richard Greene
plus they tossed in THE BLACK ARROW (1948) with Louis Hayward

The cover for this is awful.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They both look good but I'd say the art on those two releases is absolutely intended to mislead people into thinking it's newer productions. I'd hope the backs at least indicate what's inside.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Mill Creek did the same with this release of 5 Columbia Pictures related to Robin Hood.

https://www.millcreekent.com/robin-hood-origins-5-film-collection.html

The films are: BANDIT OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1946) with Cornel Wilde
THE PRINCE OF THIEVES (1948) with Jon Hall
ROGUES OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1950) with John Derek
SWORD OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1960) with Richard Greene
plus they tossed in THE BLACK ARROW (1948) with Louis Hayward

The cover for this is awful.

I am definitely going to purchase the Robin Hood Origins: 5 Film Collection soon; thanks for heads up, John.

54767_3l.png

Mill Creek also has this A Thousand and One Nights The Story of Aladdin 8 Magical Tales set coming 5/14/19 which I will also purchase: https://www.millcreekent.com/story-of-aladdin-the-a-thousand-and-one-nights-8-magical-tales.html

54826_3l.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
When Kevin Burns did the remaster, he stated they would release the OAR on Blu, and make the widescreen available on digital. They never showed up on digital, at least not yet.
Season one is on VUDU OAR and the wal*mart widescreen LiS DVD set has a code that includes season 1 and a special feature a ComicCon panel discussion with the surviving principal (save June Lockhart) cast members - My Sony 4K showed the stream as 1080p I didn't check the prices on the other seasons

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I find it a little disrespectful that the Mill Creek re-release of Richard Greene's THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD does not feature Greene or any of the cast on the box art. Are they trying to fool the public into thinking this is one of the darker, newer, unwatchable takes on Robin Hood?

If they are, then I hope it doesn't hurt sales!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks