What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If my suspicions are not too far off the mark, I wouldn't be surprised if CBS/Paramount is saving the "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders" season 2 and "Criminal Minds" season 14 sets, for an eventual partial-seasons set with:

Criminal Minds season 13 = 6 discs
Criminal Minds season 14 = 4 to 6 discs (depending on whether CBS orders more episodes later)
Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior = 4 discs
Criminal Minds Beyond Borders season 1 = 4 discs
Criminal Minds Beyond Borders season 2 = 3 or 4 discs

which would sum up to 21-24 discs which could fit into one of those giant 24-discs cases.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...lete-series-craze.339077/page-20#post-4675789

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Do you know how much music is in that show? Its unreleasable.

That show, Valerie*, and It's A Living seem to be the costliest potential releases from WB in terms of music licensing and/or ownership issues, at least where sitcoms are concerned.

*It might have made more sense for that show to go to ABC instead of CBS when NBC axed them when ABC knifed Ten of Us the same year for not being from Miller-Boyett, but instead, they picked a new show of theirs that flopped anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My mom still watches that in reruns but when I told her it and other shows like it were on DVD, she didn't seem to care.
My father is the same. He's often talking about some old western he watched on cable. So I bought him a DVD player and a few sets of TV westerns a few years back. They're still shrinkwrapped, as he seems to have no interest in placing a disc in a player. But he'll still watch them on cable, commercials and all. :rolleyes:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I bought my Mother a DVD player for Christmas one year and 5 or 6 DVDs. As a demonstration we inserted “Gypsie” , her favourite movie, and watched about 30 minutes. Each year I would get her a few more movies. Ten years later she died. I found “Gypsie” still in the player at the point where we left off. She had never used the player.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
My father is the same. He's often talking about some old western he watched on cable. So I bought him a DVD player and a few sets of TV westerns a few years back. They're still shrinkwrapped, as he seems to have no interest in placing a disc in a player. But he'll still watch them on cable, commercials and all. :rolleyes:

Except with my mother, she doesn't mind purchasing more recent shows on disc. She bought the entire run of JAG on DVD.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Even worse are my older relatives who are retired.

They have large life long collections of music and movies (ie. cds, vinyl, vhs tapes, dvd/bluray, etc ....), but they end up watching 24 hours news channels all day (such as CNN, BBC, Fox, etc ....).

They never play any discs/tapes from the collections.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They have large life long collections of music and movies (ie. cds, vinyl, vhs tapes, dvd/bluray, etc ....), but they end up watching 24 hours news channels all day (such as CNN, BBC, Fox, etc ....).
That's also my father when he's not watching the cable westerns, either the cable news or the Weather Channel. I'm constantly hearing about what the weather is doing in all parts of the country, far away from us. "They had tornadoes in Toledo today." :huh:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
That's also my father when he's not watching the cable westerns, either the cable news or the Weather Channel. I'm constantly hearing about what the weather is doing in all parts of the country, far away from us. "They had tornadoes in Toledo today." :huh:

I have to wonder as I get older and eventually retire, will I end up falling into this same pattern as my father and other relatives that end up watching 24 hour news channels all day.

At this point I suspect I'm already half way there. For example whenever I'm working at home during the day, I end up leaving the tv on all day tuned to Star Trek franchise daily reruns on a scifi channel.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If Star Trek reruns are not on when I'm at home during the day (ie. 9 to 5) , I end up leaving the tv on in the background tuned to CNN or Fox.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I can generally find almost anything I'd rather watch than news. I don't understand people that constantly watch news. It can only cause stress, despair, and high blood pressure.

Especially since far too much of it is political; I think this forum's ban on politics was set in place for very sensible reasons!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Right now I have trouble keeping up watching the discs that I buy plus stuff I want to watch on TV and Streaming services. I have a long list of DVD of TV's shows and movies I want to rewatch with no time. So when I retire I will have an endless supply of stuff to watch. Definitely no time to waste on news.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Right now I have trouble keeping up watching the discs that I buy plus stuff I want to watch on TV and Streaming services. I have a long list of DVD of TV's shows and movies I want to rewatch with no time. So when I retire I will have an endless supply of stuff to watch. Definitely no time to waste on news.

You and I are very much in the same boat!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I feel that way now... and I'm not yet retired... I fully expect to have unwatched product when I die. Well... unless physical media completely goes away. Right now I'm sitting on at least 6 years of 8 hrs viewing per day worth of unopened stuff (moves and TV shows) and the pile grows faster than I'm taking it down.

Plus I get my news from the local paper. That keeps me up to date locally, which is mostly all I care about. It also has the little bit of "national" news I care to ingest.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Right now I'm sitting on at least 6 years of 8 hrs viewing per day worth of unopened stuff (moves and TV shows) and the pile grows faster than I'm taking it down.

I'm in a similar boat to you, except that most of my stuff has been opened.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
My 85 year old mother sits there watching those Christmas movies on Hallmark all day, commenting on how stupid they are. And I tell her I can hook up a Blu ray player and she can watch better movies, and she says she doesn't want to be bothered with all those "damn buttons" on the remote.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
And I tell her I can hook up a Blu ray player and she can watch better movies, and she says she doesn't want to be bothered with all those "damn buttons" on the remote.

She doesn't have to be if you do all the work (put it in, press play, get it out when she's done)!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We use cable news channels as a screen saver in the background. In the last 2 or 3 years of her life my Mother In Law had CNN on constantly. I’d say “What are you Watching!” She’d say “Trump”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks