What's new

TV on DVD Magazine? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be a great resource if there was a monthly magazine all about the TV-DVD industry. It would have reviews, upcoming titles, answering reader questions, etc. Basically like TVShowsonDVD.com in magazine form with more features.

Anyone else think this would be a cool magazine? I'd love to write for something like it.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
hmm...what would be the logistics of a bunch of forum members launching one ourselves! Maybe even just a cheap newsletter or something! *thinks before going out to Rocky Horror*

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, you are getting a little bit of your wish this month from Best Buy and Entertainment Weekly. There is an ad in the current issue (the one with Elton John on the cover) that says:

"Get a whole lot of something from the show about nothing.

Buy Seinfeld Volume 1, Volume 2, or the Gift Set (includes the first 3 seasons and extras) and receive your free exclusive Entertainment Weekly special edition issue of The Best of TV on DVD and an exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc, instantly.

The Best of TV on DVD issue and the Seinfeld bonus disc are AVAILABLE ONLY AT BEST BUY.

Seinfeld on DVD is available on Tuesday, November 23, 2004.

Quantities limited. Minimum 150 per store. No rainchecks."

I didn't see this announced on tvshowsondvd.com and was surprised as 99.9% of the time Gord and Dave are quick at the draw on that type of stuff:)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Actually that ad is what prompted me to start this topic. :) A monthly compendium of reviews, news, trivia, interviews, contests, and everything else related to the TV DVD industry.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I like your idea...I would buy it....they could focus on one set each month as the cover story...it would be cool!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It would also be a great way for the studios to find out which titles everyone wants. While TVShowsOnDVD.com is great with this, the studio would see that it takes more effort for someone to write a letter to a magazine than it does to check a box.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

They said something very similar earlier this year when ROTK was released and the EW magazine subscribers received a copy of the 'exclusive.' I wonder if the same thing will happen this time.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

To take this one step further...I would recommend writing the studios themselves. Those letters do get read and are probably more effective that a letter written to a 3rd party magazine that may or may not get read.

Steve

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
That would be very cool. I am obsessed with TV shows on DVD. I would be sure to buy it.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I would be the first to subscribe, :)

Can anyone recommend some good film and television type magazines?

Ryan

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm an EW subscriber, and I didn't get the BB LOTR issue mailed to me...

Highly doubt the tv-on-dvd EW is going to have much of anything that would be 'news' to us, but it'd be fun to look through, for sure...

The Seinfeld bonus disc... sure wish I knew ITS content, and what BB's 11/23 sale price was going to be before I decide to go with the Amazon STL price for it...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Precisely what I'm waiting on. I've got a call in to Best Buy to find out what's on the bonus disc before I talk about it in a news item.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
For Canadians: Futureshop is advertising a free bonus disc and calendar with purchase of any of the Seinfeld sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks