TV on DVD-How about the classic Nickelodeon shows?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Knutzen, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I am of course refering to two of the greatest shows to ever be broadcast on television: The Adventures of Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts. I would kill to have every episode of both of these fine programs. I'm not alone am I? Paramount should definitely release these.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

There are so many programs from Nickelodeon that I would buy in season box sets that I remember watching.

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I would plunk down all the money in the world for season sets of Rocko's Modern Life. Best cartoon, and quite possibly best show in general, of all-time, IMO of course.

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Count me in for Pete and Pete, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, You Can't Do THAT on Television, Salute Your Shorts, and Are You Afraid of the Dark? [​IMG]
    I think this is Paramount property, isn't it?

5. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

I agree with Are You Afraid Of The Dark but feel like adding the show The Secret World Of Alex Mack to this list.

I loved that show and Larisa Oleynik (who plays Alex Mack) is IMO the most beautiful woman ever.

6. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I can't believe I forgot You Can't Do That on Television. I watched that show all the time when I was four.
    All I need is some good Nick shows on DVD and a glass of water.
    (water splashes down from above as I type)

7. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Salute Your Shorts is the greatest show ever.

8. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

The first season of Ren and Stimpy(when John K still did it) would be a treat, as well as Rocco, which is one of the most underappreciated cartoons out there(remember the one where Heffer sat too close to the TV and it ate his brain? Or when roccos dad hooked heffer up to the milking machine and heffer fell in love with it!?)
    Pete and Pete comes on every night on cable now, on a new network called The-N. I have a thread in the TV area about the network.

9. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

Heym what time is "pete and pete" on, I'd love to watch that. I think I have that channel. I was never really a big fan of salute your shorts; I think I was too for it when I saw it for the first time, but I loved pete and pete. And yes Larissa Olyenik was (still is) a hot ass. I used to watch that show just to see her. It was cool she wore this Quicksliver hat I had and I felt that we had a special bond because of that. Hey, what about Clarissa Explains it all with Joanne something or other. She does Sabrina on the WB now. Did you guys like "All That"? Did you guys like Michelle Tractenberg from pete and pete, she played little pete's female best friend. I thought she was but she was a little young for me at that time.

Daniel Smith

10. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

"The Adventures of Pete and Pete" ABSOLUTELY needs to be represented on DVD. I set about taping the entire series off of Noggin (or "The N" as they call their block of teen-oriented programming) and it presented a few problems. First of all, the original interstitials, which are in the commercial rotation on "Noggin" are impossible to tape as they appear randomly with the other commercials. Secondly, the picture quality on Noggin is terrible (at least with my digital cable box) and I get terrible compression artifacts. Finally, it's simply hard to tape all the episodes, because if you miss one you have to essentially be ready to go back and sit through the entire 49-episode rotation, not to mention the Holiday-themed episodes that only air around their respective Holidays. Anyways, "TAOPAP" is simply an awesome show, regardless of the fact that it's a kid's show, and it deserves top-notch treatment on DVD.

11. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Here's what I would want:
    Hey Dude
    Salute Your Shorts
    Roundhouse
    You Can't Do That On Television
    Are You Afraid of the Dark
    Pete And Pete
    Alex Mack
    Kenan and Kel(the LAST show on Nick that's good)
    There's probably a LOT of others I'm not thining of, but that's some of them.

ADDED:
    Wlecome Freshman(how could I have forgotten that one?)

12. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Well, I used to watch a lot of Nickolodeon shows years ago. I would love to see these Nickolodeon shows on DVD but only in season-by-season format which are:

Hey Dude
    Ren and Stimpy
    You Can't Do THAT on Television

13. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>"The Adventures of Pete and Pete">

Heh, if this is the show that I think it is, I went to highschool with the younger pete. I was a senior, can't remember what grade he was in....but sophmore would have been my guess...
    Never did care for that show. But I would take sets of Rockos Modern Life and You Can't Do that On Television. Have to re-watch SYS to see if it's worth buying...

14. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

Oh yeah, I'd love to see Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts released. I always liked Welcome Freshmen too.

I am LONGING to see those shows again. I would be so damn happy if Nickelodeon would show Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts again (and if MTV would show The State again). There needs to be a retro Nickelodeon channel where they show all of those shows all the time. Sort of like an early 90s version of TV Land.

And where are Ren and Stimpy DVDs??? Who on earth would NOT buy Ren and Stimpy on DVD??

Anyone nostalgic for late 80s/early 90s Nickelodeon should check out Nickelodeon GAS (Games and Sports) as they show a lot of game shows from that era such as Nick Arcade, Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, GUTS, Figure It Out, Get The Picture, Finders Keepers, etc. It's really cool.