What's new

TV Noise with screen writing? (1 Viewer)

Greg W L

Agent
Sometimes, on some channels, I get a clearly audible buzzing or static noise during some commercials that have writing on the screen (Phone numbers, addresses etc.) This is not an all the time thing, but when it happens it is very annoying. I have standard cable, no cable box, and have the system hooked up to my reciever. The TV is an older (9 yrs) Sony 27" Trinitron and made the noise before the Home Theatre was hooked up, and still does it now. Any suggestions?

JohnMM

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have an answer for you, but I do have the same problem using a 25" RCA TV that is 10 years old. I hope some of the experts on this board have some ideas.

Is it the TV or the receiver making the buzzing noise? I get that sometimes, but the buzzing comes from the external speakers and I can stop it by pressing mute. I used to get that buzzing from the TV speakers before.

My guess is that it has something to do with the cable feed.

Greg W L

Agent
The buzzing comes from the speakers, the TV speakers before I hooked up to the reciever, and the new speakers now.

Then it's the cable channel that's causing it. I get it on some channels and I have a cable box. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, just chalk it up to bad cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks