What's new

TV News sitting arrangement question.... (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed this last night while watching TV news....whenever there's a male and a female anchor, how come the male anchor is always on the left (when the viewer is facing the TV) and the female anchor is on the right side? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, all the local stations here (KGO-TV, KPIX, KTVU, KRON, and KTSF - Asian language station) have this sitting arrangement. Then I noticed this happens on International Channel and the late night CNN news as well. I haven't check MSNBC or FOX News though. Is it the same in your part of the world?? What's the logic behind this??

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
The local news I watch here has the opposite. Male on the right when you look at the TV.

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
As soon as I read the subject line, I knew exactly what this thread was about. I'd never really thought about it before but as soon as I saw 'TV News sitting arrangment question....' I thought, "Yeah, why does the man always sit on the left?" And then I thought, "Hmmm, I'd love a Pepsi right now." So I got up and got one. So in answer to your question why the man is always on the left, yeah, I don't know that.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Now that you mentioned it, I will notice the seating arrangement every time I watch the news. Maybe we should start a list.

NBC(WNBC), channel 4 in NYC has women on left and man on right.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks