What's new

TV Movies on DVD / Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
What is the quality like on Little Ladies of the Night? Is it an old 16mm transfer? Thank you.
Yes, it looks like an old 16mm transfer. It was definitely not restored. Lots of dust and dirt specs. The nighttime scenes are very dark. That's probably why it was only a buck back then. I just checked ebay and I was shocked to see the prices it's going for today. I guess because it's out of print, but still.

1604428263371.png

ChrisOC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Peterson
Some nice titles! Thanks, all!

I'd like to see all three installments of Moviola: A Hollywood Saga, based on the book by Garson Kanin. It aired in 1980, so it's almost pre-80s.

One of the three, The Scarlett O'Hara War, is included in the Scarlett Edition blu-ray of Gone With the Wind. It's in SD, but it's a good print.

The other two titles are The Silent Lovers, about John Gilbert and Greta Garbo, and This Year's Blonde, about Marilyn Monroe. I once saw a third-party DVD of the entire mini-series on DVD offered somewhere on the web, but I have no idea of the quality and can't find it anymore anyway. Warner Bros produced these films, so I figure they must have the other two somewhere.

Lasermanfan

Agent
Real Name
Tyson
Yes, it looks like an old 16mm transfer. It was definitely not restored. Lots of dust and dirt specs. The nighttime scenes are very dark. That's probably why it was only a buck back then. I just checked ebay and I was shocked to see the prices it's going for today. I guess because it's out of print, but still.

View attachment 81376
Thank you. I have the old Prism VHS and a budget DVD from the early 2000s. The DVD is different from yours. The Prism VHS has better quality than the DVD. Would be great if Shout Factory or Kino released this remastered.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Some nice titles! Thanks, all!

I'd like to see all three installments of Moviola: A Hollywood Saga, based on the book by Garson Kanin. It aired in 1980, so it's almost pre-80s.

One of the three, The Scarlett O'Hara War, is included in the Scarlett Edition blu-ray of Gone With the Wind. It's in SD, but it's a good print.

The other two titles are The Silent Lovers, about John Gilbert and Greta Garbo, and This Year's Blonde, about Marilyn Monroe. I once saw a third-party DVD of the entire mini-series on DVD offered somewhere on the web, but I have no idea of the quality and can't find it anymore anyway. Warner Bros produced these films, so I figure they must have the other two somewhere.

I have 2 of the 3 recorded off air from when they aired on NBC. Only missing The Silent Lovers.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
There's also a Christmas classic of sorts available from Warner Archive: The Gathering, starring Edward Asner, Maureen Stapleton, Bruce Davison, Rebecca Balding, Veronica Hamel, Gregory Harrison, Lawrence Pressman, John Randolph, Edward Winter and Stephanie Zimbalist. As a bonus disk you get the sequel, The Gathering Part II, with Efrem Zimbalist Jr. and most of the first cast (Asner's character now deceased).

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
List of TV movies wanted on DVD/BR:
Seven in Darkness (1969)
The Silent Gun (1969)
Quarantined (1970)
Weekend of Terror (1970)
Assault on the Wayne (1971)
Dr. Cook's Garden (1971)
Escape (1971)
Terror in the Sky (1971)
Women in Chains (1972)
Night of Terror (1972)
The Heist (1972)
The Weekend Nun (1972)
The Devil's Daughter (1973)
Poor Devil (1973)
Call to Danger (1973)
A Time for Love (1973)
Delancey Street: The Crisis Within (1975)
Law and Order (1976)
Red Alert (1977)
Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night (1977)
True Grit: The Further Adventure (1978)
Flesh and Blood (1979)
Letters from Frank (1979)
The Gift (1979)
Top of the Hill (1980)
The Girl, the Gold Watch, and Everything (1980)
The Girl, the Gold Watch, and Dynamite (1981)

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks