What's new

TV Movies & Minis Wish List (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Here's a 1987 TV movie I'd forgotten about - Ghost of a Chance, with the odd but interesting combination of Dick Van Dyke and Redd Foxx. Apparently it was once released on a UK PAL VHS tape, but no disc so far.

51%2BIMgJk8hL._SY445_.jpg

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
No Place To Hide (1981)
Blackout (1985)
Nightmare On The 13th Floor (1990)
Don’t Go To Sleep (1982)
Murder By Natural Causes (1979)
The Haunted (1991)
The Babysitter (1980)
Dead Ahead (1996)
The Screaming Woman (1972)
Stranger In My Home (1997)

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I hope Warner’s release the complete Moviola soon.
“The search for Scarlett” episode is on the box set of GWTW but I would love to have the three part series made available.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Stowaway to the Moon - I shudder to think about would happen if something like this happened for REAL. :laugh:

Bear in mind this kid saved the astronauts butts in this movie. :thumbsup:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Mini-series: The Last Convertible

I only saw this when it was rerun once a week during a summer on NBC. It was edited into one hour programs. I really enjoyed the book and would like to see it as originally aired.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I would really like the 1992 TV movie "In The Company Of Darkness" -- primarily because parts of it were filmed in my home town of Riverside, Illinois -- although according to the film, it takes place in Riverside, Wisconsin. Well, that's Hollywood for you.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
On the 40th anniversary of the Miracle at Lake Placid, I'm bumping this thread to express my wish for the release of the 1981 TV-movie "Miracle On Ice" which IMO is a much better telling of the story than the early 2000s movie "Miracle". Despite the fact that Karl Malden is completely miscast as Herb Brooks (30 years too old; Robert Conrad IMO would have been the absolute perfect choice) the film is a more accurate telling and unlike "Miracle" which gave us no authentic location shooting and used fake PBP recreations, the original film wisely made use of the original broadcast calls and filmed some scenes at Lake Placid and also outside Madison Square Garden (for the scenes of the Soviets pre-Olympics drubbing of the team).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
The Love War (1970)
Ellery Queen: Don’t Look Behind You (1971)
Hunter (1973)
A Cold Night’s Death (1973)
Savage (1973)
The President’s Plane is Missing (1973)
The Alpha Caper (1973)
Money to Burn (1973)

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

The Brother of the Bell is my favorite of the bunch: really weird and really socially realistic.

Steven Spielberg's last telefilm for Universal and last television work: I prefer Savage over this one.

Here's a good one with Jim Phelps, sorry, Peter Graves. It's a good catastrophy entry paired with a family drama.

It's a good one that is inspired by a former Twilight Zone segment: “King Nine Will Not Return” (season 2)
which refers to the true event of The Lady Be Good mystery.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Still hoping WAC will provide a DVD or Blu for THE BURNING SEASON with Raul Julia. Much more timely now that when it was made.

mark-edk

Second Unit
12:01 (issued on DVD but I'd like a Blu)

Daughter of the Mind (creepy Paul Gallico story)

Call Her Mom (guilty pleasure: Connie Stevens as a frat house mother)

The Cat Creature (Gail Sondergaard, Keye Luke, John Carradine)

Dead of Night (trilogy by Richard Matheson et al)

Hound of the Baskervilles (Stewart Granger; mediocre at best, re-uses Vic Mizzy score from The Night Walker, and one of Goldsmith's Thriller scores)

Melvin Purvis G-Man and The Kansas City Massacre
(Dale Robertson plays it big; way too much music replacement on recent tv showings; at least one of these had a mediocre DVD years ago)

One of My Wives Is Missing (best of many takes on the 'Chase a Crooked Shadow' set-up; current DVDs use PD sources)

The People (Francis Ford Coppola produced, with Kim Darby, Wm Shatner, Dan O'Herlihy)

Pursuit (Michael Crichton thriller, written and directed by MC)

Reflections of Murder (atmospheric Americanization of Diabolique)

A Taste of Evil (if I recall correctly a Jimmy Sangster rewrite of one of his suspense mysteries for Hammer; the studio wasn't pleased when they got wind of this tv version)

They Call It Murder (Pilot for Doug Selby series with Jim Hutton; present DVDs I've seen are from PD sources)

To Kill a Cop (Sometimes edited when shown on Encore, where the colors were faded; airings in two parts were complete)

Sherlock Holmes in New York (a way to make use of the NYC sets for Hello Dolly; nice production, deserves a Blu - there's one in the UK but not the US)

Sherlock Holmes Returns and The Return of Sherlock Holmes (two takes on Sherlock unfrozen in the late 20th Century; not great but essential for Sherlock collectors)

You'll Never See Me Again (Cornell Woolrich thriller in the vein of 'Dying Room Only' but better)

mark-edk

Second Unit
PS: Have been informed Kino Lorber has a blu-ray of Pursuit. I totally missed it but a few clicks will take care of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks