What's new

TV Movie's I would love to see on DVD eventually (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I remember the following TV movies:

Pearl-This was a three part mini series that aired on ABC about the attack on Pearl harbor. Robert Wagner, Dennis Weaver and a number of other great actors were in it.

Popeye Doyle- Ed O'Neill took over for Gene Hackman.

From Here To Eternity- William Devane starred in this one that also was a short lived series. Joe Pantoliano played Maggio the role made famous by Frank Sinatra. Kim Basinger was also in both this movie and the series.

World War III- This movie featured David Soul and Rock Hudson.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I was beginning to wonder about that myself when I started reading through the thread.

It's unbelievable that movie hasn't been released especially for sale at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast (which is in Lizzie's actual house) or the new exhibit in Salem, MA dedicated to Lizzie B.

Along with that I would love the three part miniseries The Awakening Land that starred Elizabeth Montgomery and Hal Holbrook and Jane Seymour.

Quite frankly, I would want ALL EM's TV movies, but there is a thread devoted to that all ready - http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ml#post2005504

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
The Challenge (Darrin McGavin, Mako)
Deadly Dream (Lloyd Bridges)
Nightmare (Richard Crenna)
Dying Room Only (Cloris Leachman)
Trapped (James Brolin)
Pray For The Wildcats (Andy Griffith, William Shatner)

TonyNew

Auditioning
I am suprised not seeing channels like Sci-Fi or USA. Sci-Fi had Painkiller Jane which they then developed into the TV series.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire (2000) Featuring Caroline Rhea
On the Edge (2001) Featuring Caroline Rhea
To Be Fat Like Me (2007) Featuring Caroline Rhea

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Two more that should be mentioned here...I remember these well even though I only saw them once when first aired...

ISN"T IT SHOCKING? (1973) with Alan Alda as a small town New England sheriff investigating a series of unusal killings...directed by John Badham...a terrific cast including Louise Lasser, Edmund O'Brien, Ruth Gordon, Will Geer, Loyd Nolan...Exciting, suspencefull and funny too!

A COLD NIGHT'S DEATH (1973) with Robert Culp and Eli Wallach...scientists at odds with each other at an arctic research station...there to replace a mysteriously dead predecessor and continue his "project"...exciting and atmospheric with tremendous performances by the leads...and a shocker of a twist ending...

You know, with the great number of outstanding TV movies allready mentioned here, it's ironic that they were largely dismissed as second rate TV way back in the late '60s and early '70s...later to become prestige showcase event programming in the '80s and afterward...along with the growing number of miniseries...IMO...

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana
Billionaire Boys Club (1987) with Judd Nelson was outstanding.

On Edit: Just found out it has recently been released for Region 1, finally.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carlos,

Yes, I do remember this one (as well as one or two others you've listed). This one starred Scott Jacoby--I think I've seen the t.v. film twice. It also had one of my favorite 'character' actors in it--John Fiedler. Nice memories there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
My List

Chiefs (1983) UNCUT and complete
Victims (1982) Howard Hesseman's best role ever
Special Bulletin (1983)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann

Jon Baker

Second Unit

I definitely remember "Bad Ronald" and "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" and have been anticipating those on DVD for a long time.

Some other favorites from the 70's:
"Cage Without a Key", "Smash-up on Interstate 5", 'Hey I'm Alive", "Satan's School For Girls", "Cure of the Black Widow", "Little ladies of the Night", "Skyway to Death" "Dawn-Portrait of a Teenage Runaway"

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Final Descent (1997)
The Tower (1993)
Code 11-14 (2003)
Heart of Fire (1997)
Rattled (1996)
Volcano - Fire on the Mountain (1997)

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross

Death Car on the Freeway was turned into a song by the ska group King Apparatus many years ago, FYI.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Rex,

Really? Thanks. Oh, sorry. Thänks. ;)

Mary_P

Second Unit
I was just going to mention that about "Baby Blue Marine" -- I think that was a theatrical release as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks