TV interface for Winamp/Whatever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronD, Aug 30, 2002.

1. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

I've got an HTPC hooked up to a 27" VVega... I was wondering what everyone out there uses to playback MP3/SHN/whatever. I'm looking for an interface that will be readable on my TV.

Thanks,
    -Aaron

2. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Aaron,

if you're connecting to your TV via composite/s-video (which I'm assuming you are, since I'm not aware of any HD-compatible 27" wegas), you're not going to find anything that will make it readable really. NTSC resolution just isn't sufficient for text display from a computer. There are a number of front ends out there, I just don't think any will be sufficient for what you are trying to do. if you were connecting via VGA output to a HD-compatible display it would be a different story.

3. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

I don't have a problem reading the other text on my screen, it just takes some adjustment with the font sizes. Winamp however doesn't have the ability to change the font sizes, so double size mode has to fill in for that lacking... A few years ago there was an interface I saw for winamp and I can not locate it now. My Tivo is readable, other PVR's are readable, the HP mp3 thingy is readable, etc... It's certainly more than possible. It doesn't have to be for winamp, I'm open to anything. I just want to have it act like a juke box...

Thanks,
    Aaron