TV interface for STR-DA4ES

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Cohen, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

I just purchased this reciever and am trying to figure out how to access the on-screen tv menu. I was under the impression that it had one. Can anyone help me out???? Thanks!

2. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

The instruction booklet says to press av menu....I do and nothing happens. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment by all the options as I have never owned a reciever before.

3. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

i'm at work so i can't look on the back of my reciever at the moment.... but you will see a single video out under the monitor out section on the back, run a video cable from it to the video in on your tv, switch your tv to the video, and make sure you hit the on screen display button for the reciever and viola[​IMG] i'm pretty sure the only way to see the on screen display is via the rca video out on the monitor (the s-video will not show it).

Adam

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

5. Greg Liverman

Greg Liverman Auditioning

Aaron,

Adam_D is correct.

In order to display the DA4ES on-screen menu you must have the MONITOR OUT connected to your TV vis either composite video (yellow RCA plug) or s-video (yellow s-video plug). It will not display the on-screen menu via the componet video (RGB) connection.

In addition, you must turn on the menu via the ON SCREEN button located on the remote or the front panel of the DA4ES.

Enjoy your new receiver!

Greg

6. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

Thanks so much! Those instructions worked perfectly! I have no speakers at the moment (am saving up for those) but am trying to use headphones with it. It fits in there fine (I have the right convertor) and lets me choose 2 channel headphones but I haven't been able to get sound yet....I haven't tried it with dvd's or television yet. Only with FM radio. I may just not be getting a signal...I plugged the FM radio thing in and turned to that input but am getting no sound. Where should I put the white wire? I am inside of a dorm building with concrete walls...maybe that is why it isn't working.

7. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

I connected the dvd player's audio directly up to the reciever but was unable to get any sound when using headphones....how should I be hooking this up? I put the audio cables into the dvd/ld slot. I did not hook up the video yet, I have component cables. I just want to hear sound out of this so I know it works as I will not be getting speakers for several months. Is there any place where it makes sound that I can test using headphones? Thanks!

8. Greg Liverman

Greg Liverman Auditioning

Aaron,

Do you have the manual for the DA4ES?

You can verify that the headphones are connected correctly and are working by using the TEST TONE. See page 26 for a description of how to turn this on. If the test tone cannot be heard from the headphones, check the connection (jack pushed in all the way) or the phones are bad or there is a problem with the DA4ES.

Connecting the FM antenna is described and shown on page 17. Tuning the FM radio is described on pp. 28-29. If the tuner does not automatically find a FM station when you scan the FM band, then your antenna is either not connected or your dorm is shielding the signal. You can manually tune to known stations that others in your dorm can hear in this case.

Connecting the DVD player audio is described/shown on page 10.

Greg