TV info from the NY Licensing Show....

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Jun 8, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Jul 8, 1999
    I just got back from the Licensing show at the Javitz Center in NY. This is where companies come to license out their properties. All of the studios were there. I was able to find out the following tv info:

-A follow up to David & Gord's info. Miami Vice season one should be coming out by the end of the year. With season two early next year. Supposedly, with the music intact. Just be aware she wasn't in charge of this. But, she did give me a promo sheet of "Retro is Back" and their were 5 shows on them...Knight Rider, The Munsters, Battlestar Galactica, Leave it to Beaver and Miami Vice.

-Over at MGM a rep said he heard that the New Outer Limits show will be coming out in season sets. But, he didn't have a time frame yet.

-Warner will have a cartoon based on Krypto, Superman's dog.

Other cool tidbits. Paramount had a display for a movie coming soon..."John Carter of Mars". And the coolest was that the Batmobile from the new Batman movie was at the show. It was pretty funky looking. I took pictures of it and some video. Once I get the pics back I will try to post them. It even had a spec sheet about the Batmobile that gave techincal and a history of it's development.
  2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Aug 3, 2001
    Thanks for the info, Todd! I've posted the news about your report here, including scans of the promo sheet Universal gave him.