What's new

Tv in one room, receiver and xbox in another (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Instead of "buying IR senders online"...
Go directly to GtG or Xantech or Logitech and tell them EXACTLY the distances involved and the components.
Toshiba needs a different receiver/sender than LG and plasma needs a whole different design.
They will sell you exactly what you need without guesswork.

amy6060

Auditioning
Real Name
Amy
Hi, I am going to chime in here in hopes that I am on the right forum and you guys can help me out!
My Boyfriend has 2 TVs in his room side by side. The small TV has the xbox connected to it, and a soon to be Christmas gift of another system hopefully. The big TV has just his computer and DVD hooked up.
He would like the setup to work as:
If I was watching Netflix on the XBOX (on said small TV) while he was playing on the Big TV, when he finished doing whatever it is he is doing....we could switch the XBOX to the BIG TV without having to unhook cables etc. Just flip a switch and Xbox is now on BIG TV instead of little.
So of course for Christmas I am TRYING to figure out what I would need to buy to have this setup work...
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!! :)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Welcome to the forum. You are in the correct place but you hijacked an old thread. Not a big deal.
How are the Xbox, the soon to be connected system, his computer and DVD all connected? If it is via HDMI cables, it's easy. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=6415&seq=1&format=2 I use one to connect two DirecTV DVRs, a Blu-ray player and a Roku box to two different TVs. Using the supplied remote (or a Harmony remote in my case) you can easily switch source components between different TVs. They also make a 4 output model if he decides to add additional TVs.
If he is using a component video or a combination of different connections then the switching boxes will be more complicated and much more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks