What's new

TV Hookup to RX-V1400 (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Trying to get OSD on my TV other than via a VCR or DVD player. I have a 36" JVC D Series TV with one ANTENNA input (my cable box is hooked up here). My cable box is the old Scientific Atlanta type with only coaxial input and output.

Other than the one ANTENNA input, my TV has 2 other rear inputs; conventional composite video and S-Video for each rear input.

Do I need a VIDEO OUT (which I don't have) on my TV in order to connect the TV to the RX-V1400? Or is there way to connect from the Scientific Atlanta coaxial output on my cable box into the reveiver then from the receiver to the TV?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Walt,

Sorry, but you can’t get OSD through an antenna input. You have to use one of the video inputs – the composite or S-video you mentioned. If your cable box doesn’t have any video outputs, you’re out of luck, unless you can use your VCR for cable reception.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using my VCR to get OSD, but I was wondering if I could do it with just the TV. The only output on my cable box is the coaxial output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks