TV Hookup to RX-V1400

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Walt H, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Walt H

Walt H Stunt Coordinator

Trying to get OSD on my TV other than via a VCR or DVD player. I have a 36" JVC D Series TV with one ANTENNA input (my cable box is hooked up here). My cable box is the old Scientific Atlanta type with only coaxial input and output.

Other than the one ANTENNA input, my TV has 2 other rear inputs; conventional composite video and S-Video for each rear input.

Do I need a VIDEO OUT (which I don't have) on my TV in order to connect the TV to the RX-V1400? Or is there way to connect from the Scientific Atlanta coaxial output on my cable box into the reveiver then from the receiver to the TV?

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Walt,

Sorry, but you can’t get OSD through an antenna input. You have to use one of the video inputs – the composite or S-video you mentioned. If your cable box doesn’t have any video outputs, you’re out of luck, unless you can use your VCR for cable reception.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Walt H

Walt H Stunt Coordinator

I've been using my VCR to get OSD, but I was wondering if I could do it with just the TV. The only output on my cable box is the coaxial output.