TV hook-up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelGomez, Jan 22, 2002.

1. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

I posted this in the TV section but there is a lot more traffic here. So if that bothers anyone, sorry.

I have a Panasonic 32" Tau flat screen TV and I am a little currious about the best way to hook it up. The sales person told me that it had 2 rear s-video plugs and in fact it has 1 in rear and 1 in the front. My satellite has s-video and composite. My DVD player has s-video and composite also. Right now I have the coax cable running into the house and then to the satellite and VCR. Then the coax goes to the TV. On the TV I have the s-video out running to my Sony STR-DA555ES to the monitor in. Now I have the DVD s-video running to the reveiver s-video in and the satellite s-video running to the receiver s-video in. I am not even using the component cable because I don't have any equipment with component in/out. Thanks for the help. THe only requirement is that the VCR has to work with out changing video channels. Too complicated for the wife and the son. Thanks again. The homepage should be in my signature with all my equipment.

2. Jason Wolters

Jason Wolters Stunt Coordinator

You didn't say....Is it working ok for you? I see nothing wrong with how you have it connected although I would be suprised if you can run composite video through your receiver for the VCR while using s-video for the other sources. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter how you hook it up if it works then great.

I have my TV do the switching and then take the tv out to the receiver. The DVD player digital audio is the only other connection going to the receiver.

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

4. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

Thanks but I don't think that my wife wants to turn the receiver on evertime she turns the VCR on for my son. She isn't into the HT. Too loud and too much bass.

The big problem that I am having is that my calibration on AVIA looks great. But when I return to the Satallite broadcast there is some line blurring. Like when the image is of a person, there is bluring of their outline. Also, some programs are way too red.