What's new

TV & Home theater connection problem. (1 Viewer)

kav4

Auditioning
Real Name
Dimuthu
I am having Samsung 55" H6400 (series 6) Smart TV with Samsung SMGHTH5550 Home theater system. Also having a STB with Dolby Digital.

STB does not have a Digital out (optical). It has only a SPDIF out. I have added a box which convert SPDIF out to Digital optical out & connected it to the Home theater. This Digital out & TV's Digital out both connect to the HT's Digital in through a (2 input & one output) box.

HT is connected to the HDMI (ARC) port on the TV & the STB is connected to the HDMI (STB) port of the TV.

Both TV & the HT is connected to the router via WiFi.

In TV's Speaker out there are 5 options available.

TV Speaker

Audio Out

Receiver

SoundShare

Multiroom Link

Earler the "Receiver" option was available & I could change the volume of the HT through the TV's remote. Now suddenly that option is un-selectable & only TV Speaker & Audio Out is available. How can I get the Receiver option back? (Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is enabled on both TV & HT)

Also the STB Dolby Digital channels can be heard only from front speakers of the HT. On HT under Audio there's an option with Digital output heading. It has 4 options

PCM

Bitstream (Unprocessed)

Bitstream (Re-encoded DTS)

Bitstream (Re-encoded Dolby D)

Sound comes from all speakers only if I select PCM from here. Why is that.

Please help me on this as I'm a newbie to this.

Thanks in advance.

(manual for the HT)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Earler the "Receiver" option was available & I could change the volume of the HT through the TV's remote. Now suddenly that option is un-selectable & only TV Speaker & Audio Out is available. How can I get the Receiver option back?
This Digital out & TV's Digital out both connect to the HT's Digital in

I don't have time today to read the manual's, but my guess is that it's because you connected the TV's digital output. This probably shuts off the CEC, which operates through the HDMI connection.

Also the STB Dolby Digital channels can be heard only from front speakers of the HT. On HT under Audio there's an option with Digital output heading. It has 4 options

PCM

Bitstream (Unprocessed)

Bitstream (Re-encoded DTS)

Bitstream (Re-encoded Dolby D)

PCM means that the STB is decodes the signal. The setting on the HT and the STB have to match. So if you set the STB to bitstream then you can have the receiver decode whihc will usually happen in surround. Also, if the STB has a LPCM setting, that should send all channels to the receiver.

kav4

Auditioning
Real Name
Dimuthu
Thank you very much for spending your time to help me.

All the time I have connected TV's digital output to the digital in of the HT. Receiver option worked fine with CEC. Can you guess the reason why it has suddenly stopped?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks