What's new

TV headphone question (1 Viewer)

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure where to put this post so if this is wrong, someone please let me know...

I'm trying to hook a basic set of headphones to a TV with no headphone jack. Can I put an "RCA-to-headphone jack" Y-cable on the TV's audio out and plug the headphones into it or would there be some issue with this I'm not aware of?

Scott

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The output is very low (line level)- the headphones will likely need some slight amplification.

They make small headphone amps which will take RCA inputs from the TV set and amplify it for headphones.

-Vince

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Vince. Do you know where I can find one of these amps? Radio Shack perhaps?

Scott

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Scott,

All you need to do is send the TV’s audio jacks to a vacant input on your receiver. Then you can select that input and hear the TV through the ‘phones.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
I know but it's for my grandpa and he doesn't even know what a receiver is, much less own one. Thanks though.

Scott

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I also wanted to get something similar for my dad. When he exercises, he can't hear the tv and has nowhere to plug in his headphones (this particular tv isn't hooked up to a reciever). I've been looking at some headphone amps, but they're all really expensive! Usually >$200. I just want to get something cheap that gets the job done. Anyone have any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks