What's new

TV Guide's 50 Worst Shows Ever (1 Viewer)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I liked both Sledgehammer (the episode with the Asian Elvis impersonator killer was awesome) and Max Headroom. I've cught some reruns of Headroom on cable and they actually hold up pretty well, all things considered.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Sledgehammer was a great show.. but short lived. I really like the actor... he was also in another short lived show (about a mad doctor? ring any bells?)

Anyway..

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I would throw my vote in for "Small Wonder" as one of the all-time baddies. I don't know how long it ran, but wow...was it bad! Then again, it was kind of a "its-so-bad-it's-funny" kind of bad.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Joanie Loves Chachi
Full House
Family Matters
Step by Step
Saved by the Bell
California Dreams
Leave It to Beaver
The Andy Griffith Show
Petticoat Junction
The Beverly Hillbillies
Gomer Pyle
The A-Team
Empty Nest
Nurses
Just the Ten of Us
A Different World
The Tortellis
According to Jim
Any sitcom that has aired on NBC in the last ten years

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I loved HH as a kid, before I knew it was politically incorrect. Its inclusion in the top 10 worst shows is ridiculous, IMO. Since when does political correctness count in determining what's best and worst? Since now, I guess.

Jan

DennisHP

Second Unit
The only list that really matters to me is my list and Hogan's Hero's wouldn't be anywhere near it! I don't use TV Guide. Never have and never will.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, one of Bob Crane's kids stormed out, mad, after almost starting a brawl, he's been fighting the production for a while, claiming they should produce his script of events instead. Movie is called Auto-Focus.
Link

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Unfortuantely, I remember some of these.:b
Hogan's Heroes does seem a bit strange, but I can understand it with Jack's interpretation.
Switching the genre to situation comedy shouldn't automatically render something offensive.
So, would you be looking forward to Dead Man Walking: The Musical at a theater near you, or a Requiem For a Dream sitcom on Thursday nights in between Friends and Will & Grace?;)
Some awful ones I remember...
Galactica 1980
The new adventures of Captain Nemo (4 episodes)
Speak up America
Bakersfield PD
...Although I loved it as a kid, when Sci-Fi was showing Buck Rogers a couple of years back, I found it very painful to watch.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
a Requiem For a Dream sitcom on Thursday nights in between Friends and Will & Grace?
Somebody get Robert Downey Jr.'s agent on the phone, I think we've got another comeback vehicle for him. :D :D
Because this thread made me resurrect Small Wonder from the deep dark places in my mind, I've had the damn theme song bouncing around in my head all week. :angry: :angry:
...and I grant you, she'll enchant you at first sight. She's a small wonder...
Brad

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Ummm.... One question.

Where the hell is "Three's Company" on that list? It is truely one of the few showes that actually induced me to projectile vomit.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So, would you be looking forward to Dead Man Walking: The Musical at a theater near you, or a Requiem For a Dream sitcom on Thursday nights in between Friends and Will & Grace?
Absobloominlutely! Anything has to be better than Friends or Will & Grace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks