Tv Guide

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Daniel Bro, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

Hi all of a sudden my tv guide wont open up on my tv screen I did not do anything different I set up to record a baseball game sat evening that was playing sunday it I was able to go into the guide and set up to record no problems ,when I got home sunday and tried to get into the guide to open up the game it would not open it just stayed on the tv program that it was on I tried everything my recorder is set up for video 2 it just would not open I amstill learning the operations of the recorder so I am kind of leary about touching any of the hookup connections as it was hooked up by a technicion so if anyone on the forum can help me I would be very grateful,thank you Danny B

2. cliff p

cliff p Auditioning

I had a problem once when the updates just stopped loading for about 2 weeks. I wonder if it's a conflict of interest for the cable companies to carry the signal since many of them are offering DVR services now. I've read on Amazon.com that there is a channel that can expedite your downloads but I don't know what it is. The TVGuide website wasnt very helpful in the matter (i should have sent an email though).

3. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

Thanks Cliff I solved the problem I read an article on another forum ,soeone had a similar problem and to fix it temporarily he just unplugged the unit and plugged it back in again I did this and the guide came back but the guy said it is a firmware problem on earlier models of the e85h so I am going to look into it ,so thanks anyway ,Danny B