tv guide right connections

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Daniel Bro, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

Hi I HAVE CABLEVISION IO AND i CALLED CABLE TO HAVE A TECH COME AND HOOK UP A HDTV BOX AS I HAD THE REGULAR BOX ALSO HOOK UP A VCR AS I WANT TO TRY CONVERTING MY VCR TAPES AND WHEN HE LEFT MY PANASONIC DMRE85HS SATOPPED DOWNLOADING THE THE TV GUIDE WHEN THE RECORDER IS TURNED OFF IT JUST STAYS ON THE SAME CHANNEL INSTEAD OF GOING UP THE CHANNELS ALSO THE VSR DOES NOT OPEN UP AND AS I AM NOT TO UP ON TECHNICAL ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS AND I AM ALSO A SENIOR CITIZEN I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME AS I DONT WANT TO CALL CABLE BACK AGAIN AS THEY JUST SEND OUT JOB SHOPPER WHO KNOW JUST AS MUCH AS I DO I HAVE ALREADY DEALT WITH THREE JOB SHOPPERS AND ALSO SENT CABLE A NASTY EMAIL THAT THEY WONT ANSWER CAN ANY OF YOU HELP ME PLEASE,DANNY BRO.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Please stop yelling. Edit your post to include punctuation and I could better read it and help. Right now, I can't follow it.

-Robert

3. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

I GUESS I HAVE THE WRONG FORUM I DID NOT KNOW I HAD TO HAVE A MASTERS DEREE IN ENGLISH YO GET SOME HELP ,IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND MY POST YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM ,YOU ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR MANNERS I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS TO HELP PEOPLE NOT TO INSULT THEM.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I said please. I've got 1,800+ postings and no one has had a problem with my tone. Also, I'm not asking for a grammatically correct post either but I would like more than one comma and one period. Here's a nice link that will help you with Forum Etiquette & Guidelines. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass but you will get more help if you follow the guidlines.

-Robert

5. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO FIND A FORUM THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT ME FOR WHAT I AM A 68 YEAR OLD THAT IS NOT TO BRIGHT AS FAR AS PUNCTUATION ETC, I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE GOT MORE RESPECT IF I SAID I WAS A DUMB SCOTSMAN AND COULD ONLY SPEAK GAELIC OH WELL SO MUCH FOR YOUR 1800 POSTS AND FOR THE HOME THEATRE FORUM, I WONT BOTHER TO SAY IT WAS NICE TALKING TO YOU ,I WOULD BE LYING AU REVOIR TO YOU AND THE NOT TOO HELPFULL FORUMS.GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK.

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    So how did he manage to type the thread title and his signature in lowercase? [​IMG]

Actually, we can do both. We're a very talented and versatile group.

Joe

7. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Dannie, Steve here.

We're just asking you to take off the caps lock. Chill.

Select HDD on the remote, go to functions, the disc settings and reset it to the factory settings. Then reformat your drive. Hopefully this will clear up any buggy stuff in the system. If you continue to have problems with the TV guide downloading, then it's the cable company's problem, and there's not much you can do except manually set up your recordings.

8. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

Thanks Steve I will try to chill and not act like a very frustrated Scotchman,thanks for your advice and help,Danny B.

9. Daniel Bro

Daniel Bro Extra

I am having a problem with my manual programming ,I have the closer and 24 programmed to record weekly.I had a friend hook up a ups system for me and everything seemed to be ok till I went to watch 24 and all I got was the sound ,no picture can anyone suggest what my friend might have disconected ,thank you Danny b.