What's new

"TV Guide" Coming Out With Its Own Brand Of TV-On-DVD Products In September 2004 (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Just noticed something ....... What episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" do you suppose the above pic of Andy & Opie was taken from? I've seen every ep. many times (I think), and I cannot recall any ep. featuring an owl (which is perched on Andy's shoulder in the pic of the box above). :)

What in the world is that from?? Did Ernest T. Bass ever utilize a dead owl as a weapon, and tossed it through the Courthouse window? :laugh:

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

According to its most recent press release, TV Guide will eventually sell these in its online shop (shop.tvguide.com), although they have yet to be listed there.

I don't put much stock in these DVDs. They are touted as being "episodes selected by TV Guide's senior editors," but they're all the same public-domain episodes that have been floating around for years. Not much to choose from there--it seems the copyright laws have done the choosing.

At any rate, I'm supposed to have these soon, so we'll see. A PR firm has been hired to promote them.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Randy...Ever get a look at these TV Guide 2-Disc DVD sets?

They are still not listed anywhere on the web, AFAIK.

:confused:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Guess not.

These TV Guide discs must be long-lost in the Twilight DVD Zone someplace -- not a speck of info for them anywhere to be found. (Too bad, IMO. I was looking forward to having a peek at some of these titles.)

As Andy Taylor might say (under his breath) .........

"Currrrrrr-ious, currrious, curious...."

:)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I could have sworn I've seen a ton of the TV Guide discs in stores recently. Fry's comes to mind. It's all the same PD stuff out from 100 other companies anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks