What's new

TV Guide Acquires TVShowsonDVD.com (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree that it should not have been labeled as "Site News". It should have been at least listed as Banacek news. If it had been, it would be no different than the other press releases they inform us about.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I think the other problem (for myself, at least) is that it was on the "TV Guide" DVD label. Had this same type of "advertorial" appeared for a release from any other company, it might have stung just a bit less...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Guys, this was the first time something like this was done, and the feedback from regular users of the website is invaluable. Because it was the first time, I didn't know the "best" way to post it, so it went us as "site news," which is what we use for news we don't tie to a specific show. Thanks to the feedback of a few users, future Advertorials will appear in a special section on the front page called "Advertorial," and can be easily skipped if you want to.

I've said this many times - if you see something on the site that you don't like, email me and suggest how to make it better. I have a weekly conference call with my boss in NYC, and we talk about various things, including feedback from the users of the site. Once I received a couple of complaints about the advertorial showing up as a news item I emailed my boss and suggested that I create a new section so it's not a problem for the future (afterall, *I* was the one that posted it as a news item in the first place), and she agreed right away.

It's easy to point fingers at TV Guide and blame them for anything and everything that changes on the site, but I was the one that posted it as a news item, TV Guide simply asked me to post it to the site. This wasn't intended to trick people into reading it, I just hadn't come up with a better way to post it to the site until after I received feedback from users.

So, for everyone who provided feedback on this, thanks!

Gord

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Thanks for being open about it, Gord. The site continues to be my main source for information on the subject.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Gord for your prompt and helpful response. We TVShowsonDVD addicts love this site and would hate to see it lose it's unique flavor and helpfulness.

It's my first web destination every morning, right after the coffee pot!

John

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I wish I had the resources and time to set up a R2 version of the site but wouldn't know where to begin. TVshowsondvd.com is just an amazing site

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks