TV Funhouse: set to be cancelled?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I've noticed that this has been moved to an awful slot (something like monday morning at 1:30AM) and I haven't seen any new episodes. Is this set to be cancelled or are there new episodes in the works.
    "Don't do it Jesus, you get screwed in the end!"
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

There better be new shows.
    ------------------

3. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

NO! It can't be true!
    I love the few episodes made of this show! Even though I do keep seeing the same ones air over and over (the Christmas cheer episode is one of my favorites) they always make me laugh outloud, everytime. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

The Christmas episode and the two Atlantic City episodes are absolutely the funniest TV I've ever seen.
    Strangely, I didn't find the cartoons on SNL funny at all, but the show (mostly the Anipal segments) are riotous. I stopped drinking liquids after the first show, the Sprite went right out of my nose.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

5. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

The biggest problem is the fact that the show was way to funny and too smart for most people to be able to know what the hell they were talking about.
    Was one of the best shows to be on any network last year. I would hate to see it go. Hopefully they will release them on DVD.
    Comedy Central really likes to screw with the good shows that they have.

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Comedy Central doesn't have the money to sustain many series. Most of the money is spent on South Park and the Daily Show (Battlebots pays for itself).
    ------------------
    These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

8. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

9. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

all i know is that i miss the upright citizens burgade. free chocolate!!! [​IMG]...man, do they still show reruns? i need to start taping them if they do.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

South Park, Upright Citizen's Brigade, Stranger's With Candy, That's My Bush, TV FunHouse....seems like CC can come up with some pretty good content that just gets quickly cancelled.

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

CC is in cahoots with the tail!! DAMN YOU TAIL!!!
    ------------------

12. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Though this may seem like a rather childish approach to the problem....if CC cannot fund new shows, then they should not produce orignal programming. Why start something that you cannot finish that seems to have an audiance. It is different to cancel a show that gets lackluster ratings...but when you have a show that seems to be a hit and has a fan base, the last thing that you do is only make eight shows. If it is to be only an eight show run, then don't call it a series, then it is either specials or a mini-series if you want to call it that.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

CC really screwed up by cancelling Bush. That series could have gotten REALLY good had they given it time.
    I'm still surprised that the same two vile, crude human beings have created Comedy Central's two biggest shows.

14. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

That's My Bush wasn't bringing in nearly the same numbers as South Park, and it was considerably more expensive to produce. Despite an exceptional debut, later episodes of the series dropped almost 40% in the ratings, a full million viewers, from what South Park averages per episode. Though its ratings were decent, they weren't enough to justify the high cost, and Matt & Trey knew cancellation was imminent.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I thought Bush had good ratings. Oh well, even so, it was a great show and I miss it.

16. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

It didn't have bad ratings -- I'm sure bringing in 1.7 million viewers is more than respectable for a show on a channel of Comedy Central's size, but the ratings couldn't justify the massive expense of the show...around a million dollars an episode, between two and three times what an episode of the much-higher-rated South Park costs to produce. I think Comedy Central was banking on it being an immediate smash hit, and if so much money weren't being pumped into every episode, I wouldn't be surprised if it were still on today. I'm astonished at the price tag per episode.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

17. PienSavaca

PienSavaca Stunt Coordinator

"TMBush!" didn't have the ratings that CC thought it should have. Of course, every episode aired after South Park RERUNS. "Craptime Glick" aired after NEW South Parks, and has a lower production cost.
    Comedy Central exec seems to skip over this little fact; I guess that they're happy being nothing more than "the SNL rerun channel".
    ------------------
    "I got kissed... and, and, and I shoplifted."

18. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

hey, we're talking about the guys who cancelled MST3k a couple of years back [​IMG]
    The Upright Citizen's Brigade was the funniest show they had and I wish they would either rerun it or DVD it.
    Lately, I have been watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network... the Brak show is hilarious. Remember... smart shows never last
    "All the money is in dick and fart jokes"
    ------------------
    Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
    The DVD Insider Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

19. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I, too, LOVE this show! It never fails to make me laugh out loud. The Black Sabbath cartoon show was a hoot..just like the Stedman episode! I do wish it was on at a better time tho.
    ------------------
    "The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
    David Manning-Critic
    Scooter-Palooza 2..Be There or Be Square!
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../030866.html#5

20. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Adult Swim is pretty damn spiffy. They're showing Home Movies, which was an animated show by the people who did Dr. Katz (another one of my all-time favorite Comedy Central shows) and originally ran on UPN. It's really, very funny. Also good is the Harvey Birdman show. Plus there's the whole Cowboy Bebop aspect. The only problem is I almost always forget to watch on Sunday night...
    ------------------
    Brad Grenz
    intelligenTV
    the Widgets