What's new

TV DVD's you own but haven't watched yet (1 Viewer)

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid I'm waaaay past being able to compete in the Challenge to watch all of my TVSoDVD in a single year.

TV on DVD that I own, but still haven't found the time to watch - yet...

Dukes of Hazzard S3 - Currently working my way through disc 3.

24 S3 - I need to get/watch S2 first
The Andy Griffith Show S2
Baa Baa Black Sheep V1
Boomtown (blind buy, good price)
C.S.I. Miami S2
Green Acres S2
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew S1
Law & Order S3
The Lone Gunman (Complete series)
M*A*S*H S8
Mary Tyler Moore S1 - Partially watched, put back on the shelf for now
NewsRadio S1&2
Pretender S1
Scrubs S1
Sledge Hammer! S1
The Shield S1
The Shield S3 - (I need to get S2)
Speed Racer V2
Speed Racer V3
Star Trek S1
Star Trek S2
Star Trek S3
Star Trek: Enterprise S1

and now 8 more shows being released today 07-Jun-05

Dragnet 1967 S1
Father of the Pride S1
Home Improvement S2 - (but I still want S1 first)
Lois & Clark S1
MacGyver S2
Quincy S1&2
Rescue Me S1 - Might pick this up as a blind buy for the right price.
Wonder Woman S3

Whew! What is that, like 31 boxed sets in my collection that remain unwatched? That number just continues to grow! Granted some weeks are worse for me than others, but looking at the release list there are already 30 or so more sets expected to be released by the end of the year that I'd like to pick up, and no telling how many more will be added to the release list in the upcoming months.

We won't even THINK about mentioning the Movies on DVD that are still in the wrapper on the shelf. WalMart's $5.50 bin can be just a little too tempting sometimes. :D

Kate*H

Agent
What I do is if I really get into a show (currently Alias) I go out and buy all the box sets (usually from a pawn shop so as to save some money) so I don't get interrupted when I watch the show. Nothing is more obnoxious when you end one season on a cliff hanger, and you have to go out and buy the next season to see it resolved. I am a girl of little patience, so I have to have the entire series (if available) when I first start to watch the show. So while I haven't watched Alias seasons 2 & 3 (I'm in the middle of 1) I don't think it should count as "not having watched" :)
As for series I have but haven't watched yet on dvd:
Mary Tyler Moore
Popular
and I think that's it.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I had finally got through with Greatest American Hero Season 2, now I'm on Have Gun Will Travel Season 2. Three more discs to go then I'm onto Dukes Of Hazzard Season 3. Now I have to look forward to picking up Wanted Dead or Alive, and Lois & Clark all on the same day :eek:

I never watched Lois & Clark during it's run, but during the time when I would be awake early in the morning and it was on TNT (I think) I got hooked on watching it.

I gave up on finding My Favorite Martian Season 2 in the stores so I'm getting my copy via ebay. And since I refuse to pay Best Buy's absurd price for the original Twilight Zone Season 2, I went the same ebay route there and saved nearly $35 :D

Oh man, the releases are starting to pile up on me. :frowning:

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't finish Married with Children: Season 1 and 21 Jump Street: Season 1 I'm almost done with that box set but I keep doing other things that make me from not watching it...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
haven't even cracked the shrinkwrap on
-Angel S1
-Lost In Space S1
-Andy Griffith Show S1
-Star Trek OS S1

am slowly slogging thru
Smallville S3
Alias S3

seems like i've had Alias S3 forever, but after the first 3 or 4 eps i began to hate it and now i have very little enthusiasm in pursuing the season (or anymore seasons really) and yet, i'm torn between wasting the money i paid for it if i should sell it, and possibly missing out on a turnaround in opinion on it, or whats more likely- trying to get my money out of it and just coming away rueing all the hours of my life i wasted on it.
i have just about as much antipathy for Smallville, but in very limited doses (one or two episode every couple of months) i think i can make it thru the season, then sell it off with some satisfaction.

Dallas S1&2 is another set that i can see is going to take me a while to get thru.
i like the material, but for some reason, its not as compelling this time around.

Buck Rogers is going to take a while as well (i've only finished the first disc), but in this case i still greatly enjoy the show, and don't feel any need to take it at more than a very laid back pace.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator

Things like that concern me. I couldn't find MFM Season 2 locally either. I ordered it online the day after it was released. I don't want to think we won't see Season 3 because of 'Poor Sales' when it is a case of not being available for purchase off the shelf.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I have left to watch:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7
Friends: Season 1 & 2

But I don't own that much either.

I have to say, you all impress the heck out of me. Most of my friends are totally amazed at how much TV I watch but I have nothing on any of you.

I've said this before, I really need to start cooresponding with a few of you because it would be nice to get to know people who understood my obsession with TV and to be able to chat with someone about my favorite shows. Anyone need a new penpal? :D

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Wendy_L I'll be your new penpal becuase I understand your obession because I have the same thing with tv and tv box sets...

MikeRR

Agent
Let's see, I still have to watch:

Seinfeld S4
Scrubs S1
The Shield S2
Freaks and Geeks

Fortunately, I get out of school in a few days, so I'll get a chance to catch up on these.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
I've opened all my sets and have watched at least one ep on each one, but these are the sets I have yet to finish.

ER season 1(had that one since it came out)
seinfeld seasons 1-4, mostly just the commentaries and extra stuff.
Newsradio seasons 1-2
Scrubs season 1
The mole season 1
Big brother 4, best of.
Everybody Loves Raymond, commentary tracks from seasons 1-3.
A few Friends commentary tracks, from season 8 and 9
Survivor all-stars commentary tracks, last 3 disks

I think that's all.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The complete Monty Python - wife bought me for Christmas year before last; may be on third or fourth disc by now.

Black Scorpion - about halfway through.

The Critic - about halfway.

Fawlty Towers - have yet to start.

Just started second disc of Wonder Woman Season 2; no doubt will be picking up season 3 this week.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Season 1 (on disc 2)
Everybody Loves Raymond- Season 3 (on disc 3)
Futurama- Volume 2 (haven't started)

THATS IT!!!

But soon i will get Buffy Seasons 2-7 which will take a while to get through.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
John, when it comes to TV on DVD, I now watch 'em as I get 'em...same with DVDs too unless it's something I find for like $5 that I want. The only TV set I have now that is unwatched is the X-Files Mythology: Abduction set that I just got home with.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I like to stock up on season sets, too, so once I get into it, I don't have to be interrupted before continuing right into the next one if I want to. (Of course, this means I'm buying multiple seasons without a single episode having been viewed in many cases.)

I have the following waiting to be watched. (These are shows I've never seen before; I have other favorites I've purchased and not had time to re-view on DVD):

Queer as Folk Season 4
Sopranos Season 1 - 3
Sex and the City Seasons 4 - 6 Pt. 1
The Shield S1
Carnivale
Nip/Tuck
Deadwood
Dead Zone S 1 - 2
Arrested Development
The Wire S1
Six Feet Under S 1 - 2
Band of Brothers
Coupling S 2-3
Cracker S1 - 3
Prime Suspect S1 - 6
Entourage
Firefly
Law & Order: CI S1
The Newsroom
Office S1 - 2
OZ S4
Playmakers
Touching Evil Sets 1 and 2
Wire in the Blood - 3 DVDs

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Elizabeth:

Carnivale was my sole reason for subscribing to HBO. Absolutely brilliant. You'll love it. If it weren't so damned expensive, season 1 would be sitting on my shelf, too.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Peter,

I'm looking forward to it. (Of course, I've rather drowned myself in things to watch -- we're not even including the movies!) ;)

I certainly hope that despite the cancellation, Season 2 will be released. My impression is that the story is quite complex, so I hope it's not too frustrating where it ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks