What's new

TV Doesn't have Component Video Inputs??? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Ho

Auditioning
Is that possible? It is a Toshiba 32 inch analog tv that is about 3 years old. I see a s video input but the I only see inputs for the red wire and the green wire but not the blue wire. Am I seeing things wrong. There are inputs for standard (yellow) video but how come not all three component video cords? Please help.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That isn't component. Sounds like a hybrid of SVideo using RCA jacks. I have an old commodore monitor that has seperate RCAs for luminance and chromanence

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Not all recent TVs have component inputs. As I am not familiar with all Toshiba models, I can’t comment for sure.

Do you have a manual? If so what does it indicate that there are component inputs.

My surprise is not that you don’t have component inputs, but your statement that there are inputs for red and green. This seems strange.

How are these inputs labeled?

We need more detail to really help.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I've seen some that have the 2 and then use the yellow for the 3rd you'll probably want to check your manual but this may be the case and you may have component inputs.

Dennis Ho

Auditioning
Thanks Jeff, but the s video is just plain, S Video. not hybrid. s video works fine. Just trying to use component video.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Attn! Actually, Dennis does have component-video inputs. Dennis, what's the model number? My bedroom set, a four-year-old Toshiba CZ27V51, has component-video inputs, but the color coding the company used then does not correspond with the standard green/red/blue coding on the RCA jacks of today's cables. And the company also used the old "Y/CbCr" nomenclature back then. Dennis, get me the info and I'll get you the answer. Meanwhile, look at those inputs again and see if you notice Y/Cb/Cr.

Dennis Ho

Auditioning
Thanks Jack,
I do recall seeing some Y/cb/cr writing. You are right. I am not at home right now so I can't give you the model number I will tell you tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks