What's new

TV Discolorization. Please Help! (1 Viewer)

Andy_S

Second Unit
I am putting a new 25" TV on a corner shelf in my basement and something behind one of the walls is causing a big blue spot in the lower right hand side of the screen. I cannot move the shelf or the TV from where it is so I need to find another way of fixing this. Would a large metal plate keep whatever is causing the interference from hitting the TV? What if I grounded the metal plate?? Thanks for your help!
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

Andy_S

Second Unit
I forgot to mention. I had a different tv up there (different make/model) and it didn't have any problems with interferance. Is it possible this new one has less sheilding??

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
I'd guess there is some electrical transformer or something in the wall. I've seen AC->DC power supplies cause similar effects. The only success I've had is increasing the distance.
I would bet that an inch thick sheet of iron would do the trick though. :)
Ryan
------------------

Andy_S

Second Unit
Woohoo! I fixed it! I went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of galvanized steel used for the ventilation system in homes and folded it in half (it's only as thick as about 5 sheets of paper)and tucked it behind the TV. The weird color is now gone!
------------------

Andy_S

Second Unit
I guess. But how much would a 1" x 3' x 2' sheet of steal weigh??
------------------

Yogi

Screenwriter
To shield interference all you need is a thin sheet of metal. It could be as thin as a sheet of paper and infact can be perforated and yet would shield perfectly well. Ever noticed the thin perforated foil on a microwave front display to shield microwaves. Imagine a microwave made of 1" thick steel that would require using a crane to put it in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks