TV discoloration problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonDT, Feb 12, 2003.

1. JasonDT

JasonDT Auditioning

Baught a JVC TV a month ago, got it out of the box, colour was funky, reds glowed purpleish. Unplugged it overnight plugged it back in and it was fine.

A couple days ago I turn on the tube and Im getting this wacky purple glowing all around the screen, and when I switch to the video inputs I get the normal blue screen with green glowing stuff.

The weird thing is it fades in and out, I can go 20 minutes with nothing then it slowly fades in and grows then goes away for 30 seconds then comes back and is gone again for 30 minutes.

Ive unplugged all the cables and it still happens, speakers can be near or far and it still happens, could it be something in the walls, I live in a condo if that helps.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

My only guess is that it may be the electrical cables running through your walls. you live in a condo so i would not be surprised if you had some significant cables running throught he walls to feed other condos int he building. try moving the set to another place and see if that fixes it.