What's new

TV Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Ron_L

Second Unit
hey guys, I just thought I'd ask you opinion on this...my friend recently upgraded to a 67" Toshiba TV and is wanting to sell off his old projection tv. It's a Pioneer unit about 50 - 52" display and had projection parts inside replaced about a year ago. He's asking $750 ( canadian funds that is be roughly $480 american ). The thing is that it's around 7-8 years old.

Is this a good buy?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No used television is a good buy.

Though some people have had good luck buying refurbished front projectors, I'd stay away from any used monitor, especially an RPTV.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Yeah, I'd agree.

If you could knock the price down considerably and are in no way in the market for a new projection set, you might get some fun out of it. I don't know what he's had replaced, but that set's near the end of its life cycle, and the new digital sets are a helluva lot better. Maybe as a "fun" set for playing games, the used set might have some function if you could get the price down, but otherwise, I'd pass.

Jan

Ron_L

Second Unit
yeah I know the new sets are awesome...the set that replaced it is absolutely incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks