TV-Color Temp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlos_A, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Carlos_A

Carlos_A Auditioning

I have a Sony Wega 27 inch analog and a 32inch HDTV Sony XBS.

Now....

I would like to whats an ideal Setting for "Color Temperature" when view a Movie?

-thanks for any advice!!

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    XBR? I leave the color setting "normal" and use the "movie" setting for DVDs, with this setting calibrated using Video Essentials, and I would highly recommend doing this for yours using VE, Avia or Sound & Vision HT Tune Up.

Color temp is not specifically related to movie viewing, but rather is a shift to either blue or redish-brown tint in the greyscale. Personally, I think it looks funny with both of them.

3. James Brown

James Brown Stunt Coordinator

I keep my wega at Warm and Movie at all times.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i keep mine at whatever the middle one is. i know it's not movie and it's not the torch mode one either.

i think i read somewhere that middle one is pretty close to the 65000k standard.

i then base all my calibrating from that setting.

5. Carlos_A

Carlos_A Auditioning

On my "Movie mode" for the analog Tv it's set to Warm.. I kind of left it alone since I bought it.
    As For XBR, I use "Pro Mode" when view a movie, which is set on Cool. If I were to set it on Warm. The picture definition become Clean and smooth but its too Redish[​IMG]!!
    I guess I really need to get calibrated.
    btw...Which Calibrating disc would you guys recommend I buy? (I'm willing to spend $40.00 - $60.00 if needed)

6. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Carlos, actually the cool setting from what I've read is very hot. From what I understand it pushes the contrast & blue up quite a bit. You are better off using the normal setting. For the red there are a couple of adjustments you can make in the service menu to fix it, BUT this is something I would not even consider if you are not completely positive about what you are doing or you can kill your set.
    I have a 36" Sony XBR & have done a few things in the service menu & I feel like I got a new TV all over again.