What's new

tv color problem (1 Viewer)

mlindeman

Auditioning
Real Name
mark lindeman
I have a Sony STR-DH700 receiver for my home theater system. I use FIOS for my cable connection. The problem I have is when I first turn on the tv/reciever/sat box the color on the tv is washed out. Like it isn't showing the full color set. But when I toggle between the DVD and SAT settings on the remote the color gets fixed. I have had the SAT box replaced and that didn't fix the problem. I replaced the HDMI cable also and didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas? Do I need to replace the receiver?
thanks
mark

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Easy way to find out is to take the receiver out of the equation. Connect your FiOS box directly to the TV and see what happens. If that's OK, then the problem likely lies within the receiver. Try a different HDMI input on the receiver. If the problem goes away, then the problem might just be with that particular HDMI input and you can likely bypass the problem. If the issue persists regardless of the HDMI input you use, then the problem lies either within the video processing circuitry or the HDMI output - either one would be reason enough to repair or replace the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks