1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

TV Calibration / Blue Filter question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Patrick, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

I am interested in utilizing the THX Optimode TV calibration i've seen on some recent dvd's and I'm wondering what type of blue filter specifically I should be using. Is it the same type of blue filter that comes with Video Essentials? Someone told me the Kodak filter # but have ben unable to track down the # (or the post - the search function is down). I have a FULL set of Rosco filters from 1995 and I would assume that I have the corresponding filter, but have no idea which one to use. Calibrating with the wrong one would be a bad idea. Does anyone know anything about using Rosco filters for colorbar/THX calibration?
    thanks!

2. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if the blue filter that came in VE is the same since I don't have it. However, I do have the THX blue filter that was given out at a AV fest here in Phoenix. The guy giving it out was from THX and he said that you could go to the THX website to get them. I don't understand why you would want to use Optimode to cal your TV settings if you already have VE.
    [Edited last by donovan_chin on September 13, 2001 at 04:10 PM]